People...I passed my GPEN exam.
Things that came handy for me are
1) various cheatsheets on the SANS website
2) Counter Hack Reloaded
Other resources that I referred to and had got my notes from
1) Penetration Tester's Open source toolkit
2) Metasploit toolkit & Offensive-security
3) Webcasts from Ed - CoreSecurity and Pauldotcom website.
4) Cmd Kung FU Blog
1) Used pfsense VM image as a firewall to separate my internal and external network teams
2) Target machines - Ubuntu, Windows XP and OWASPBWA VM
3) Attacker machines - backtrack and win xp with as many tools supported
- SANS reading room
- OSSTMM 2.2 free download
- NIST 800-115 free download
I purchased 1 practice exam and the 2 free practice exams helped me gauge my weak areas and where I needed to focus.
Last but not the least - this forum and its members. I wish i had discovered this site earlier in my career.