SecurIT Summit 2006

<<

don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Sat Aug 12, 2006 3:33 pm

SecurIT Summit 2006

Hacking attacks, virus outbreaks, unauthorised access of a company's network, misuse of systems and some form of digital fraud or theft, along with multitude other possible network intrusions, make their impact in the Corporate world at the rate of once a week per company. Security crime costs companies hundreds of millions, perhaps billions, in lost business and major company disruption each year. Companies have IT Security Policies in place but as a whole have tended to under-invest and under-estimate the importance of IT security measures. The business case for better security within and between organisations may include enabling flexibility and agility of operations, cost reduction, productivity integrity and reliability. Enhanced security will deliver greater value derived from increased collaboration and commerce, risk management, simplification usability, and enhanced reputation.

IT Security is essential. The problem of securing an organisation's network is increasingly more complex with threats both internal and external. In a world of globalisation, big business and corporate image, it is not only the financial implications that keep this new generation of security at the forefront of concern but also the impact on customer perceptions when security measures fail.

Following the success of past events, the fifth annual SecurIT summit offers Solution Providers an opportunity to explore and, more importantly, to address current corporate security challenges with executive decision-makers.  The unique format of a marcus evans summit, provides senior executives with a chance to meet face-to-face with peers facing the same challenges. Streamlined conference sessions will offer a variety of case study presentations, panel debates, interactive ‘think-tanks’ and workshops, delivered by some of the most prominent thinkers and practitioners in the security forum. Delegates are invited to interact with, and ask questions from, people directly responsible for the implementation of the latest industry initiatives and technologies currently available. They will also have the opportunity to meet one-to-one with solution providers who can satisfy their security needs, all within a relaxed and luxurious setting.

18-20 September 2006
The Monte-Carlo Bay Hotel & Resort
Monte-Carlo, Monaco

For more info:
http://www.securit-summit.com/

Don
CISSP, MCSE, CSTA, Security+ SME
<<

don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:25 am

Re: SecurIT Summit 2006

Lots of events this week. I'm sure someone out there is attending at least one of them and visits this site. Now is your time to come out of the shadows and let your voice be heard.

It really does help all of our readers (not just the members) to decide how to spend their time and money if you offer up feedback.

Thanks,
Don
<<

LSOChris

Post Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:22 pm

Don,
i'll go if you pay!
<<

don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:24 am

Would that be for you born day? Maybe next year.  ;)

How was the big 3-0?

Don
<<

LSOChris

Post Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:09 pm

fairly tame compared to what i had planned when i thought i would still be in Europe for it...

tapping of the Kegs at Oktoberfest was on my birthday this year and i had planned on being there for it but alas i was not :-(

i think we will have a 30+1 in Germany  next year is the plan...

Return to Calendar Of Events