Techno Forensics Conf 2006

<<

don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:39 pm

Techno Forensics Conf 2006

TheTrainingCo. and the Institute of Computer Forensic Professionals have again partnered to produce this year's Techno Forensics Conference at the NIST Headquarters 100 Bureau Drive, Administration Bldg. 101, in Gaithersburg, Maryland on November, 6 - 8, 2006. Registration is now open.

The inaugural Techno Forensics conference was sponsored by the Institute of Computer Forensics Professionals (ICFP) and Hosted by NIST. The conference is founded on the principles of standardization in the field of digital evidence investigation. The conference will cover many of the general disciplines in the areas of digital evidence investigation to include some of the latest information on software and hardware solutions.

Unlike other forensic conferences that are limited to law enforcement only or are vendor specific in nature, this conference will be open to everyone currently involved in computer forensics, digital evidence, or anyone having an interest in these rapidly growing fields.

Conference agenda topics will cover a range of the digital disciplines which include: Fundamentals of acquisitions, Terabyte storage and preparing for it, Building a forensics lab, fly away kits, black bag forensics, e-discovery and special instructor lead focused classes on Basics of FAT, NTFS, macintosh, and linux file systems and dealing with their data. Other areas covered are intrusion detection, network level forensics, and cellular, handheld, and wireless forensics. Digital law and evidence handing will also be covered in break out sessions.

Techno Forensics 2006
National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
100 Bureau Drive
Administration Bldg. 101
Gaithersburg, MD 20899

Gaithersburg Hilton
620 Perry Parkway
Gaithersburg, MD 20877
1-301-977-8900

For more info:
http://www.techsec.com/html/TechnoForensics2006.htm

Don
CISSP, MCSE, CSTA, Security+ SME
<<

don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:48 pm

Re: Techno Forensics Conf 2006

I've heard good things about this event, but they always seem to be third hand accounts. Anyone attending this week or have attended in the past? Time for those of you with an interest in forensics to share your experience.

Don
<<

luckydevil

Post Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:39 am

This sounds great but being located in the UK is a real bummer. Does anyone know if conferences like this actually make it over the water to old blighty. I keep seeing all these really interesting expos and the like advertised but there is no way i could get the cash to go. Really feel like we are missing out in europe.
Correct me if i am wrong but there does seem to be a major lack of such events outside of attending manufacturer hosts lectures which i my experieince often turn into heavy sales pitches rather than knowledge gathering.
I know that there are some events held around europe but they seem to be hosted by companies at different times rather than something like this which brings them all together.
Correct me if i am wrong but finding info about them is still quite difficult.
My 2 cents anyway
Nothing is impossible just improbable!!!
<<

LSOChris

Post Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:36 am

i lived in Europe for 3 years...aside from blackhat europe you're not missing that much ...
<<

don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:35 am

Hey luckydevil,

If you feel this way about living in the UK, I'm sure many others do as well. Isn't that how a lot good businesses start? Sounds like you just stumbled on a great idea for your InfoSec community in the UK.  ;)

Don
<<

luckydevil

Post Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:52 pm

Don,
Not a bad idea...might have to give it some thought!!
Not sure where to start though so any ideas would be welcome. Would be good to get something going in the UK aside from the Infosec conference.
There are a few things run by the British Computer Society but they can be a bit on the dry side...
I think i might just send a few emails out and see if i can get some feedback...there is the new iisp - Institure of Info Sec professionals that has recently started up so might have a chat with them as they are looking for ideas to promote Info Security.
See how it goes... ;D
Nothing is impossible just improbable!!!

Return to Calendar Of Events