OSCP Walkthrough

<<

zeroflaw

Post Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:33 pm

Re: OSCP Walkthrough

You're going a lot faster than me j0rDy. I'm at module 6 now and haven't hacked anything with 31 lab days left >_<.

Been enumerating enumerating and enumerating..lol. And spending too much time on exercises and extra miles. At least I'm decent at buffer overflows and exploits so I hope I can hack something soon.
ZF
<<

hayabusa

Post Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:05 pm

You'll be there soon enough, zeroflaw...  Just be patient.  You'll start exploiting the lab machines shortly, but make sure you clear some time to work on the labs, as, once you really get going, you won't want to stop.

Good luck, and keep us posted on your progress, too.  If I can assist, in some way, let me know.
~ hayabusa ~ 

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved." - Sun Tzu, 'The Art of War'

OSCE, OSCP , GPEN, C|EH
<<

rattis

Post Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:16 pm

zeroflaw wrote:You're going a lot faster than me j0rDy. I'm at module 6 now and haven't hacked anything with 31 lab days left >_<.

Been enumerating enumerating and enumerating..lol. And spending too much time on exercises and extra miles. At least I'm decent at buffer overflows and exploits so I hope I can hack something soon.

You're further than I am zeroflaw. I'm still trying to get my lab built. I finally have all the hardware (got the last piece 2 days ago, but can't do anything until I finish rebuilding the laptop for a 3rd time since I signed up for the class).
OSWP, Sec+
<<

hayabusa

Post Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:54 pm

chrisj...  what lab are you building?  The class lab is prebuilt.  Or is it just that you're spending so much time on your personal lab, that you haven't put time into PWB?
~ hayabusa ~ 

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved." - Sun Tzu, 'The Art of War'

OSCE, OSCP , GPEN, C|EH
<<

rattis

Post Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:41 pm

hayabusa wrote:chrisj...  what lab are you building?  The class lab is prebuilt.  Or is it just that you're spending so much time on your personal lab, that you haven't put time into PWB?

Billv and I got the OSWP course, when J0rDy and zeroflaw got the OSCP. I only have 4 months to register for the exam, and I've blown too of them trying to get the lab together (we have to build our own).
OSWP, Sec+
<<

UNIX

Post Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:24 am

hayabusa probably assumed that it's about PWB, since this thread is about OSCP too. ;)
<<

hayabusa

Post Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:29 am

I follow you now, chrisj (thanks for the clarification.)  I forgot that you'd said you were doing the OSWP.  I knew you needed your own lab for that (although I haven't taken that course, yet.

And yes, as awesec noted, I did confuse it, based on the thread topic...  ;)
~ hayabusa ~ 

OSCE, OSCP , GPEN, C|EH
<<

zeroflaw

Post Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:27 am

hayabusa wrote:You'll be there soon enough, zeroflaw...  Just be patient.  You'll start exploiting the lab machines shortly, but make sure you clear some time to work on the labs, as, once you really get going, you won't want to stop.

Good luck, and keep us posted on your progress, too.  If I can assist, in some way, let me know.

Hehe thanks. I think I'm read for some exploiting now. Just picking my targets now. A couple of windows machines seem easy. I will let you guys know when I hack something!
ZF
<<

venom77

Post Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:35 am

chrisj wrote:Billv and I got the OSWP course, when J0rDy and zeroflaw got the OSCP. I only have 4 months to register for the exam, and I've blown too of them trying to get the lab together (we have to build our own).

Ha! At least you've registered. I haven't even gotten that far yet. Should probably get on it...
<<

yatz

Post Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:39 am

Hey j0rdy, just wanted to say you're doing a great job with this.  I get the feeling that this is more than just an ordinary cert exam, which others have said but I didn't really understand until reading this.

Different certs have different weights, and OSCP certainly seems heavy duty.  Keep up the good work!!
"Live as though you would die tomorrow, learn as though you would live forever."

CCNA, MCSA, MCTS, Sec+, Net+, Linux+, CEH
<<

j0rDy

Post Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:50 am

@ZF: i know what you mean, it is definitely more material then i initially thought. do not take it too light, and spend your fair share of hours on the material and in the labs. if you have any questions or whatever just send me a PM.

@All: thanks for the support and i am glad you all find it worth your time to read my experiences with this cert. it is definitely more fun then i could ever dream of!
CISSP, CEH, ECSA, OSCP, OSWP

earning my stripes appears to be a road i must travel alone...with a little help of EH.net
<<

rattis

Post Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:56 am

BillV wrote:
Ha! At least you've registered. I haven't even gotten that far yet. Should probably get on it...

Wish I hadn't. I thought I was good hardware wise, only to find out that wasn't the case, and it took a while to get the hardware. I've also been having problems with my laptop (main machine), and that usually takes days to get back to proper working order.
OSWP, Sec+
<<

hayabusa

Post Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:30 pm

That always makes for a rough start... sorry to hear it, chrisj.  Keep me posted on how the OSWP goes.  I've been considering that one, too.
~ hayabusa ~ 

OSCE, OSCP , GPEN, C|EH
<<

Dutchie

Post Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:55 am

When do we may expect the next update, or is the walkthrough come to an end?

I liked the feedback very much!!
RA, CISA, CISSP, C|EH, C|HFI, CWSP, LPIC-1
<<

hayabusa

Post Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:21 pm

I think there'll be a bit more from him... hang tight.
~ hayabusa ~ 

OSCE, OSCP , GPEN, C|EH
PreviousNext

Return to OSCP - Offensive Security Certified Professional