New to the site! Also - need some help. Does anyone do speaking engagements?

<<

researchgoddess

Post Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:08 am

New to the site! Also - need some help. Does anyone do speaking engagements?

Evening - I don't think there's a category here for what I do... I'm a staffing researcher, have been for about 8 years. I search the web for potential candidates for job openings. Sometimes this takes me into some of the dark corners of the internet, but guaranteed the kind of work I do would be considered child's play by most of you :) I absolutely love what I do though and some of the most fun assignments I've taken on have involved some pretty weird web search techniques.

At any rate, I stumbled across this site recently and am quite intrigued. I did want to ask if anyone here has done public speaking, because I program 2 conferences a year for other staffing researchers, and I think someone with an ethical hacking background might be of great interest for our conference attendees. Others like me would probably enjoy someone who could share some little-known searching techniques, Boolean queries, and/or ways to ethically manipulate social networks or search engines to get more/better results.

I really wasn't sure where to place this inquiry, so I hope this will do for now. Thanks and I'm looking forward to learning some interesting stuff here.
<<

venom77

Post Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:53 am

Re: New to the site! Also - need some help. Does anyone do speaking engagements?

Welcome to the site :)

I'm certain there are members here that might be interested. I know there are definitely some that have presented at other conferences as well.

It would probably help if you could provide where these conferences are located and/or what the conference is.

BillV
<<

researchgoddess

Post Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:55 am

Re: New to the site! Also - need some help. Does anyone do speaking engagements?

Thanks Bill - the one I am working on right now is going to be held in DC at the end of September. The next one I don't have specific dates/times for yet, but is most likely going to be in NYC this coming spring. Hope that helps!
<<

morpheus063

Post Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:17 am

Welcome on board researchgoddess :)

So you are looking for Speakers in and around DC and NYC area (basically from US)?
Manu Zacharia
MVP (Enterprise Security), ISLA-2010 (ISC)², C|EH, C|HFI, CCNA, MCP,
Certified ISO 27001:2005 Lead Auditor

[b]There are 3 roads to spoil; women, gambling & hacking. The most pleasant with women, the quickest with gambling, but the surest is hacking - c0c0n
<<

vijay2

Post Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:21 am

Raises a hand :)
GPEN GCFA GCIH CISSP CISA GSEC OSCP C|EH Security+
<<

researchgoddess

Post Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:10 pm

I should also add that this conference is for people who work in recruiting, so many of them are not hardcore hackers. This would need to be a very basic presentation otherwise it would go over many people's heads. There are of course a few people who attend who would completely geek out over some high level stuff but the majority of the attendees would want some basic stuff. The conference is called SourceCon, and the site is http://www.sourcecon.com/2010. It hasn't yet been updated for our Fall DC event so the information isn't current, but if you want to get some basic information about what the conference entails, that's where you can find it.

Additionally, not just looking for people in the DC/NYC area. Would have interest in folks from other places - just as long as you've had prior speaking experience, in particular to a beginner-level audience.

Return to News Items and General Discussion About EH-Net