Greetings!

<<

yatz

Post Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:22 am

Greetings!

I've been posting for the past few weeks now, but I wanted to send a belated greetings to all members of this site and provide a brief synopsis of my background and intent.

I've been in IT for 13 years beginning with a high school job, through technical college, and now as a career.  I work as a network technician (more of a server administrator) for a medium size business in the Midwest US.  Actually I used to be opposed to security measures because I saw them as a hindrance to usability, but for the past couple years my interest in security has grown to a nice simmering hobby.

I participated in a few of the Skillz competitions but never joined the site because I never felt I had anything to contribute.  Recently though, I revitalized my interest in security through a wireless project I was working on and now that I have been posting I feel drawn to learning more.

My intent is to help those starting out because that's where I'm at.  I'm fluent with linux and using the command line, so for me it's just learning what tools are out there and how they work.  As I'm learning, I want to reiterate my learning for others that may be stuck on how concepts are put into practice.

I just started a blog: http://danstechspot.blogspot.com/.&nbsp; I hope to fill this blog with educational insights and basic tutorials from a newbie perspective.  I think it's a noble calling, I just hope I keep up with it!

Hello and welcome to all!
"Live as though you would die tomorrow, learn as though you would live forever."

CCNA, MCSA, MCTS, Sec+, Net+, Linux+, CEH
<<

Dutchie

Post Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:51 am

Re: Greetings!

Nice intro Yatz.

Stick around you're knowledge can certainly contribute to this forum.

Welcome,

Greetz, Dutchie
RA, CISA, CISSP, C|EH, C|HFI, CWSP, LPIC-1
<<

j0rDy

Post Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:36 am

Welcome yatz! it's always nice to see people that have experience, and are willing to learn new things!
CISSP, CEH, ECSA, OSCP, OSWP

earning my stripes appears to be a road i must travel alone...with a little help of EH.net
<<

zeroflaw

Post Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:53 am

Welcome! Sounds like you have quite some experience that will be useful for the new people, and maybe others as well :P
ZF
<<

Xen

Post Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:17 pm

Welcome to Ethical Hacker Network !

Return to News Items and General Discussion About EH-Net