CEH Exam...nervous as a hamster caught with his pants stuffed with coffee beans.

<<

Diamonddrago

Post Sun May 30, 2010 7:13 am

CEH Exam...nervous as a hamster caught with his pants stuffed with coffee beans.

OK so i basically did a self study for the CEH exam...along with a 5 day seminar.....and gonna attempt the exam in like June 3rd the EC council version 6....

can anyone tell me how can i prepare and prep for the exam.....take into consideration i have next to none lab training...
<<

Xen

Post Sun May 30, 2010 7:29 am

Re: CEH Exam...nervous as a hamster caught with his pants stuffed with coffee beans.

What kind of seminar? I'm sure you're talking about the bootcamp. What bootcamp did you attend? Most training providers will make you practice in their lab. If you want to build your own lab then Jhaddix and Laz3r have posted wonderful tutorials to build a virtual test lab. You can get them here:-
Network pentest lab setup
Pentest Lab: Web Application Edition

You may also like to read the following article by Daniel V. Hoffman- Review: CEH Via Self Study. It's a little old but should be enough to get you in the right track. More recently awesec has posted a review of CEH iClass. You can check the study methodology he has adopted.

Also, check the threads in the CEH board http://www.ethicalhacker.net/component/ ... 2.0/&nbsp;
<<

Diamonddrago

Post Sun May 30, 2010 7:52 am

Re: CEH Exam...nervous as a hamster caught with his pants stuffed with coffee beans.

ok....what is the context of the exam....will it be all multiple choice questions?....or will it also carry hard form type of exams as well?....

and how important are lab work to prepare for the exam..... ???
Last edited by Diamonddrago on Sun May 30, 2010 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

j0rDy

Post Sun May 30, 2010 9:12 am

see my reply in your other topic. if you attend a bootcamp you should be fine. dont worry your pants of, just keep a clear mind and you will do fine. Good luck!
CISSP, CEH, ECSA, OSCP, OSWP

earning my stripes appears to be a road i must travel alone...with a little help of EH.net
<<

venom77

Post Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:09 pm

The exam is multiple choice. If you took a bootcamp, I would have expected the instructor to explain the exam. The outline/objectives is available on the EC-Council website. Does the training institute you went through offer any sort of guarantee? Most places will let you take the course again if you fail the exam (gives some extra assurance).

Return to General Certification