Abusing PHP Sockets For Fun And Profit PRESENTATION:
http://www.secforce.co.uk/media/present ... ockets.pdf

Socket_Attack.ZIP Source:
http://www.secforce.co.uk/media/demos/P ... _demo.html

Happy Learning :)
Manu Zacharia
MVP (Enterprise Security), ISLA-2010 (ISC)², C|EH, C|HFI, CCNA, MCP,
Certified ISO 27001:2005 Lead Auditor

[b]There are 3 roads to spoil; women, gambling & hacking. The most pleasant with women, the quickest with gambling, but the surest is hacking - c0c0n
<<

COm_BOY

Post Sun May 30, 2010 2:20 am

Re: Abusing PHP Sockets

I dont have a programing background and I feel I should atleast get one scripting language inorder to understand the exploits . Can you help me decide which language should I go for which I can learn in a short period of time . Socket Programing is included in PHP , Perl , Python and several others I believe but since I am no good at any of them I cant decide which one to go for .
It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity.
<<

morpheus063

Post Sun May 30, 2010 3:25 am

Even though you asked for scripting language, I would suggest you to start from C / C++ and then get into scripting language. Mastering a language like C / C++ will give you an clear insight into the computer internals and how things work. Once you have a clear understanding then it is very easy to conquer other languages, including scripting.

As far as scripting languages are concerned, I suggest you start with Bash and then get into Python or Perl. PHP is also recommended if you are more interested in Web based apps or scripts.

All the best and happy learning :)
Manu Zacharia
MVP (Enterprise Security), ISLA-2010 (ISC)², C|EH, C|HFI, CCNA, MCP,
Certified ISO 27001:2005 Lead Auditor

[b]There are 3 roads to spoil; women, gambling & hacking. The most pleasant with women, the quickest with gambling, but the surest is hacking - c0c0n
<<

Xen

Post Sun May 30, 2010 5:23 am

Manu has given you a perfect suggestion. Starting out with a scripting language might weaken your concepts as it does not contain some important concepts like data types etc. C and C++ will provide you a solid foundation. You'll find that once you've learned these two languages, learning any other language will a piece of cake.

You can choose any scripting language you like. I personally prefer perl. If you know some bash scripting then learning a scripting language won't be difficult for you.

Also, do you want to be just able to understand exploits form exploit-db or are you interested in coding too? I'm learning some exploit development from the following website http://pentest.cryptocity.net/ check it out. It'll give you some better understanding of vulnerabilities and exploits.
<<

Ketchup

Post Sun May 30, 2010 5:10 pm

I would add that it's probably safer to begin with C and move to C++.  The object oriented programming concepts can be tough for people that are new to programming.  If you learn in the Windows world, you also have to deal with Microsoft's love for re-typing basic data types over and over again.  It certainly makes learning Windows programming annoying.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ketchup

Return to Tutorials