Locate IP address of known address

<<

badams_iyns

Post Fri May 28, 2010 5:36 pm

Locate IP address of known address

A company on the west coast owns offices in other parts of the country. I know the physical addresses of the remote offices but not the ISP or IP addresses. The company uses split tunnel VPN's. How can I find the IP addresses of the remote sites?

Thanks!
<<

hayabusa

Post Fri May 28, 2010 8:39 pm

Re: Locate IP address of known address

Your best bet might be to try to find valid hostnames for their remote sites' servers, using Forward Bruteforce DNS resolutions, to get IP addresses, then resolve them with whois to try to ascertain their IP blocks.
~ hayabusa ~ 

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved." - Sun Tzu, 'The Art of War'

OSCE, OSCP , GPEN, C|EH
<<

COm_BOY

Post Sat May 29, 2010 2:57 am

Are you currently in HeadOffice or you are doing it externally ? It has a lot of stuff related to the route entries since when you are using Internet WAN links its your choice to make a default route on the edge device which would ultimately make it globally available for tracing and other purposes or there could be a point to point route .

For example
HeadOffice - 164.12.4.86/30
Branch - 132.87.66.3/30

If the entries on HO is
ip route 132.87.66.3 255.255.255.252 164.12.4.85
You wont be able to access this device from outside not just because its a security issue , its actually connectivity thing .

If the entry says
ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 164.12.4.85
Then you are gona get access to this device from outside world .

So there are a lot of things to consider when you are tracing stuff . If you provide me with a larger picture I might be able to help you .
Also is the RA VPN on demand by user along with XAUTH or the RTR is responsible for dialing ?

I hope you are doing it legally .
It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity.
<<

hayabusa

Post Sat May 29, 2010 7:23 am

My assumption, anyway, based on badams_iyns' wording (that they knew the IP of the HO, but not the rest,) was that they're external, without access to the HO directly.

I think we'll see what badams_iyns comes back wtih.
~ hayabusa ~ 

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved." - Sun Tzu, 'The Art of War'

OSCE, OSCP , GPEN, C|EH

Return to Network Pen Testing