RHCT study guide?

<<

Ash Chole

Post Fri May 07, 2010 12:04 pm

RHCT study guide?

I just qualified for a free voucher to take the Red Hat certified technician cert test. I was wondering if anyone has passed this and has a good study system for it.

My current plan is to go back over and practice some labs to reinforce the knowledge since it is a Hands on cert based cert exam.

Oh and I am taking the test the 21st.
<<

ziggy_567

Post Fri May 07, 2010 12:53 pm

Re: RHCT study guide?

http://www.redhat.com/certification/rhct/prep_guide/

The study guide above from Red Hat tells you exactly what you need to know to pass the exam. You may not see everything on the list, but I promise you if you know everything on the list and are comfortable configuring them, you will do just fine on the test.

My best advice to you is trust your gut and take your time. You will hear that the Red Hat tests don't give you enough time in order to complete everything. That isn't true. You have enough time as long as you take your time and don't skip over minute details. The minute details are what will kill you if you don't pay attention. You'll end up spending 20-30 minutes chasing your tail on something that should have taken you 2 minutes to fix if you aren't careful.

Good luck!
--
Ziggy

eCPPT - GSEC - GCIH - GWAPT - GCUX - RHCE - SCSecA - Security+ - Network+
<<

Ash Chole

Post Fri May 07, 2010 11:29 pm

That is perfect. I have a study guide for the class material I have and can use that to study. Then use the online skills assessment on the site to get some practice and see what I still need to work on.

Thanks a lot!
<<

Bane

Post Sat May 08, 2010 2:43 am

I passed the last version. If you haven't taken the exam, it is very interesting. There are no written questions at all. They sit you down in front of a broken machine and tell you to fix it. If you are good a troubleshooting Linux OS issues you will do fine. If not, I would practice messing up a linux machine and then fixing it.
<<

dynamik

Recruiters
Recruiters

Post Sun May 09, 2010 9:12 pm

The Jang RHCE book will be another great reference for you: http://www.amazon.com/Certified-Enginee ... 465&sr=8-1
The day you stop learning is the day you start becoming obsolete.
<<

Ash Chole

Post Wed May 12, 2010 11:26 pm

Looking at the cover of the book it says there 250+ practice exam questions. So I looked inside and it seems this is a teach yourself book. I have taken RHCT class and will be taking RHCE class.

I am really just looking for something to buff my hands on for the exam and get my comfort level up so I breeze through. Most of my friends that have taken the RHCE say it is not hard they just run out of time. Usually due to SElinux setup. But I digress. LOL.

Thanks for the post I may buy this to help with next semester.

Return to OS