HTTP Headers

<<

bamed

Post Thu May 06, 2010 10:50 am

HTTP Headers

I was doing some packet analysis today and saw the following in an HTTP header from facebook:

Code:
HTTP/1.0 200 OK
Server: MochiWeb/1.0 (I'm not even supposed to be here today.)

Nothing new, or ground breaking here, but gave me short lol in the midst of the daily static.
chown -R bamed ./base
<<

inf3kt1d

Post Thu May 06, 2010 11:05 am

Re: HTTP Headers

:)
I love Clerks
CEHv7
MCSA:Security
CompTIA Security+
CompTIA A+
<<

hayabusa

Post Thu May 06, 2010 11:53 am

Nice...

While not an http header, I had some fun with a set of 'prying eyes' on a friend's wireless, recently.  He called me, asking me to see if I noticed someone else using his wireless.  Surely enough, I did.  (Of course, he only had basic WEP enabled on that network.)  So I did something for him, that I've done previously for other folks.  I helped him setup an hping daemon, of sorts, that randomly kicks goofy packets back to the person who's been leeching off his stuff, on all sorts of ports, but generally on 80.  Some of them read messages from a file, and 'inject them' into the body of the packet, with goofy phrases and such.  Turns out, the person 'leeching' was actually a neighborhood high school kid, playing around on his neighbors' WLAN's, MOSTLY sniffing (illegally, I might add) and when one of the quotes hit him (I can't recall which,) he liked the idea so much and thought it was so funny, he went ot my buddy, apologized, and thanked him for the humor.
~ hayabusa ~ 

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved." - Sun Tzu, 'The Art of War'

OSCE, OSCP , GPEN, C|EH
<<

bamed

Post Thu May 06, 2010 12:46 pm

Reminds me of when I was playing with Ettercap filters once and replaced the word 'the' with 'bamed is watching!' while my son was on facebook chatting with his girlfriend.  He was both, "Wow, that's cool!" and, "Dad, that's annoying!" at the same time.
chown -R bamed ./base
<<

caissyd

Post Fri May 07, 2010 7:03 am

On the same train of thought, I once wrote a funny comment in the source code of a web application, complaining on how bad the language was at that time.

2 years after, I received a phone call from a developer doing some maintenance on my old code. He was laughing so much! My joke wasn't that funny, but when you spend months going through somebody else' code, anything is funny.

From that point on, I have always added a joke or two in each of my applications (But I am still waiting for other phone calls...).

Life is too short to be taken seriously!!
OSCP, GPEN, GWAPT, GSEC, CEH, CISSP
(aka H1t.M0nk3y)
<<

pizza1337

Post Fri May 07, 2010 10:51 am

have you seen reddits http header?
  Code:
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8
Set-Cookie: reddit_first=%7B%22organic_pos%22%3A%201%2C%20%22firsttime%22%3A%20%22first%22%7D; Domain=reddit.com; expires=Thu, 31 Dec 2037 23:59:59 GMT; Path=/
Server: '; DROP TABLE servertypes; --
Date: Thu, 06 May 2010 15:20:49 GMT
Connection: keep-alive

http://www.reddit.com/comments/c0m9v/re ... rop_table/
Knowledge Resource is Power.
<<

j0rDy

Post Sun May 09, 2010 3:45 am

lol,

i once found a bluetooth device that was called: 'or 1-1--

this would freak me out if i were walking down the street, but it was at a hacker conference so maybe i could expect it.
CISSP, CEH, ECSA, OSCP, OSWP

earning my stripes appears to be a road i must travel alone...with a little help of EH.net

Return to Other