I passed the GCIH exam!

<<

alwinux

Post Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:34 am

I passed the GCIH exam!

Hi fellow EHackers! Im Alwin - newbie here. I just wanted to announce that I passed the GCIH exam yesterday wooohooo!

It was a tough exam and to mentioned it was my longest IT exam taken. I am glad that my review have a good result! I took the class of SANS 504 online last Nov 2009, Instructed by the legendary Ed Skoudis, John Strand and Bryce Galbraith- Thanks to them. I was on a busy schedule last year that's why I just took it before it expires next month May 2010.

Alwin
GCIH, ECSA, MCP/2003 Server, ITIL
<<

What90

Post Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:25 am

Re: I passed the GCIH exam!

Hello Alwin,

Great work on passing the GCIH!
It's amazing how that exam deadline sneaks up so fast :-)

It's a fantastic course and the skills from it really do help with situations in the real world. They've saved my backside a number of times!

Have you got plans to take any more courses or exams this year or are you going to take a well deserved rest?
<<

alwinux

Post Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:29 am

Hi What90!

Thank you!

yeah i have EC Council ECSA this May - I will be on Training and take exam afterwards as well in New Horizons Singapore. It will be fun!

8)
Alwin
<<

MicroJay

Post Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:24 am

Congrats on the GCIH!  I only know of Ed and John.  They are definately great instructors.  VERY knowledgable. 
I just recerted in GCIH and even though I already qualify, I am listening to the MP3's of Ed.  You never know when you may pick up something new to use in the future!
GSEC - GCIH - GSNA - GPEN
<<

hayabusa

Post Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:44 am

Congrats!  Good luck with your studies moving forward.  I have the ECSA/LPT training materials, but haven't had full time to explore them.  (I've been busy with projects, family and study for other things.)  Hope you have continued success.
~ hayabusa ~ 

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved." - Sun Tzu, 'The Art of War'

OSCE, OSCP , GPEN, C|EH
<<

impelse

Post Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:54 am

Congrats
CCNA, Security+, 70-290, 70-291
CCNA Security
Taking Hackingdojo training

<<

UNIX

Post Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:57 am

Congrats and welcome to the community.
<<

ziggy_567

Post Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:57 am

Hey! Congratulations! I was in that vLive class with you as well! Glad to hear you were successful in your certification!!!
--
Ziggy

eCPPT - GSEC - GCIH - GWAPT - GCUX - RHCE - SCSecA - Security+ - Network+
<<

dynamik

Recruiters
Recruiters

Post Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:16 am

Congratulations!

Do you have any recommendations for anyone looking to self-study this material?
The day you stop learning is the day you start becoming obsolete.
<<

alwinux

Post Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:27 pm

hey guys thank you! i wouldnt expect to much appreciation to my hard work! whew hard work was worth it really if you got what you deserved!

@ dynamik -
recommendation for GCIH: Self Study

1. Read the SAS 504 books on a gradual basis, try to do the exercises- it will be a good practice and experience.
2. use the MP3 if you have time to listen, such as on your way to work, in a bus, cab, etc... this is what i did and its good if you try to visualized what is Ed's explaining about the course even just for listening :)
3. When taking the exam use the books- label using the sticky notes or a complete table of contents in front of the book- which I did both :) this will be make faster when looking for some terms on the questions.

I hope this helps! Enjoy the rest of the day guys! Thanks!

hey ziggy what was your real name? thanks mate!

@ hayabusa- nice to have that ECSA dude! LPT is the reason why im going to ECSA but i think still requires CEH?

@ MicroJay - thank you dude! yeah Ed is an awesome geek and John Strand - they are so cool when delivering this SANS Course, they make the class very alive!

Alwin
<<

alwinux

Post Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:30 pm

hey guys thank you! i wouldnt expect to much appreciation to my hard work! whew hard work was worth it really if you got what you deserved!

@ dynamik -
recommendation for GCIH: Self Study

1. Read the SAS 504 books on a gradual basis, try to do the exercises- it will be a good practice and experience.
2. use the MP3 if you have time to listen, such as on your way to work, in a bus, cab, etc... this is what i did and its good if you try to visualized what is Ed's explaining about the course even just for listening :)
3. When taking the exam use the books- label using the sticky notes or a complete table of contents in front of the book- which I did both :) this will be make faster when looking for some terms on the questions.

I hope this helps! Enjoy the rest of the day guys! Thanks!

hey ziggy what was your real name? thanks mate!

@ hayabusa- nice to have that ECSA dude! LPT is the reason why im going to ECSA but i think still requires CEH?

@ MicroJay - thank you dude! yeah Ed is an awesome geek and John Strand - they are so cool when delivering this SANS Course, they make the class very alive!

@awesec impelse - thanks guys!

Alwin
<<

crossover

Post Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:48 pm

I have taken ECSA exam.It is a real easy exam. No you don't require to have CEH inorder to take ECSA and good luck with the exam it should be easy exam for your compared to GCIH. 

PS: In order for you to have LPT License you need to have CEH, ECSA as well you should have attented LPT training and some cash.
<<

alwinux

Post Sat May 01, 2010 2:34 am

Hi Cross! thanks mate!

Its good to know that ECSA is an easy exam. Im planning to get an advance review on my ECSA- if you dont mind sharing yours? :)

or anyone can share their references, docs for ECSA etc... ?

Thanks!

Alwin
<<

crossover

Post Sun May 02, 2010 10:12 am

i don't understand what do you mean by advance review from me or etc..??

well i took bootcamp, it pretty much covers everything.You need to study all the modules from ECSA exam check this link from ec council for more info.

http://www.eccouncil.org/certification/ ... am_(412-79).aspx

If you have industry experience along with course material it should be easy.exam.
<<

alwinux

Post Sun May 02, 2010 10:34 am

cool stuff! thanks cross!
Next

Return to General Certification