GWAPT certification study material required

<<

lovewadhwa

Post Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:54 am

GWAPT certification study material required

Hi all

I have to go for GWAPT certification but as found on SANS website, the course modules cost is pretty high. Will request you all if anyone can help me providing the  course modules.Any help in this regard is duly appreciated.
<<

dynamik

Recruiters
Recruiters

Post Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:50 am

Re: GWAPT certification study material required

http://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Testing_Project and http://www.amazon.com/Web-Application-H ... 661&sr=8-2 should get you in pretty good shape. I haven't taken this myself, so I'm not sure if that'll cover everything.

However, you can two practice exams if you challenge the exam, and those should provide additional insight into what else (if anything) you need to work on.

You'll obviously need to understand HTML, Javascript, etc. as well.
The day you stop learning is the day you start becoming obsolete.
<<

What90

Post Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:26 pm

Re: GWAPT certification study material required

Have a play with the Samurai Web Testing Framework as Kevin Johnson, the course author, was one of the people that designed it. Plus if you read the course description, you find some of the other tools used in the course and can find plenty of reading for them on the web.

If you have to do the training or take the exam, have you looked at the vLive option from SANS? They have recently had a number of discount codes for some of the other vLive courses.

Depending on your experience levels with web applications and attacking, the challenge path dynamik is suggesting is one way to go. However, I'd suggest you'd need to have been working in the web app pentest space for a couple of years before attempting that.

Return to Web Applications