Uceritfy for GPEN

<<

impelse

Post Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:43 pm

Uceritfy for GPEN

I read in many places that you need to take the training and the challenger for GPEN, but it was a surprise for me to find a practice exam from ucertify.com fro GPEN:

http://www.ucertify.com/certifications/ ... ation.html

I am not planning to take this exam soon, but this was new for me. Did any body try this practice exam?
CCNA, Security+, 70-290, 70-291
CCNA Security
Taking Hackingdojo training

<<

ziggy_567

Post Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:09 pm

Re: Uceritfy for GPEN

Actually, if you follow the link for GIAC certs offered by ucertify toward the top of the page, they offer over 20 practice tests from their site. I don't know that I'd trust the validity of them, though. I noticed at least three retired certs in their list, so it doesn't look like they update the material.

Why not pay a little bit more and get the practice exams from GIAC? At least then you know that you're getting as close to the real thing as you can!
--
Ziggy

eCPPT - GSEC - GCIH - GWAPT - GCUX - RHCE - SCSecA - Security+ - Network+
<<

impelse

Post Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:21 pm

ziggy_567 wrote:
Why not pay a little bit more and get the practice exams from GIAC? At least then you know that you're getting as close to the real thing as you can!

I think the same
CCNA, Security+, 70-290, 70-291
CCNA Security
Taking Hackingdojo training

<<

marcos_s

Post Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:18 pm

ziggy_567 wrote:

Hello all, this is my first post here. I am scheduled to take the GPEN certification exam on Sept 20 2010. I have a question about the $99 GIAC practice exam.

As you know, two online practice tests for the GPEN certification are included with the examination's fee, BUT you can take each practice test only ONCE.

Is it the same with the optional $99 GIAC practice exam? Only once and that's it?
Or can you take it multiple times?
Do you actually download and instal it, or do you take it online?

Sorry for the question, it may be common knowledge here, but I am new to SANS/GIAC certs, and I am not familiar with their products/services.

Thank you for your answers!

Marcos
<<

dynamik

Recruiters
Recruiters

Post Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:10 pm

You guys are aware that you get two free practice exams when you register to challenge any GIAC exam, right?
The day you stop learning is the day you start becoming obsolete.
<<

ziggy_567

Post Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:48 am

Marcos:

I have never bought the additional practice tests, but my understanding is that they are exactly like the ones that come with the certification attempt, i.e. you can only take them once and they are web based.
--
Ziggy

eCPPT - GSEC - GCIH - GWAPT - GCUX - RHCE - SCSecA - Security+ - Network+
<<

sachitre

Post Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:49 am

@Marcos: The practice exams included with the registration or if you buy a separate one can only be used once. Both types of exams can only be accessed once you login to the SANS portal. You do not have to install any software on your PC. You have to use your browser to use the exams.

The three exams will give you a good understanding of the level of difficulty of the exam. I found the actual exam a little more difficult than the practice exams.

All the best for your exam.
CISSP, GPEN, CCNA

Return to GPEN - GIAC Certified Penetration Tester