Administrator
Administrator

Post Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:28 pm

2 New Wireless Certs from CWNP, Design and Analysis

Press Release from CWNP:

CWNP is proud to officially announce two new Professional level certifications:

• CWDP - Certified Wireless Design Professional
• CWAP - Certified Wireless Analysis Professional

Sybex, our official CWNP Press partner, is now producing the official study guide for each of these new certifications. We are very proud to share the author teams for these two books, both of which are full of heavy hitting Wi-Fi professionals.

The CWDP Study Guide is being authored by...

- Shawn Jackman, CWNE, co-author on the latest CWSP study guide, and Principal Wireless Engineer at Kaiser Permanente IT
- Rick Murphy, CWNE, long time CWNP instructor, and wireless technologies expert
- Matt Swartz, CWNE and Network Consulting Engineer at Cisco Systems
- Marcus Burton, CWNE and Director of Content Development here at CWNP

The CWAP Study Guide is being authored by...

- David Coleman, CWNE, long time CWNP instructor, and co-author of both the CWNA and CWSP Study Guides
- David Westcott, CWNE, long time CWNP instructor, and co-author of both the CWNA and CWSP Study Guides
- Keith Parsons, CWNE, and operator of the great new WLAN Pros web site, home of "WLAN Weekly"
- Bryan Harkins, CWNE, co-author of the CWSP Study Guide, and Training and Development Manager at Motorola Airdefense Solutions

What a line up of CWNE experience! Both of these books should be must-haves for the WLAN professional.

The CWAP exam (PW0-270) will be available in Q4 of 2010, and the CWDP exam (PW0-250) will be available in January 2011. Both of these exams will be required for earning the CWNE certification, effective October 1, 2010.  We will be announcing more changes to the CWNE exam as we get closer to October 1, 2010.

Thoughts on these new offerings? Are they needed, desireable?

Don
CISSP, MCSE, CSTA, Security+ SME
<<

n1p

Post Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:15 pm

Re: 2 New Wireless Certs from CWNP, Design and Analysis

May be valuable to those who offer holistic security services and specifically focus on Wireless as part of an audit. Only the quality of the content of the course will prove its worth I'd imagine. The design side of things, I'm not so sure about :P
<<

WCNA

Post Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:58 am

Re: 2 New Wireless Certs from CWNP, Design and Analysis

I'm starting to see job listings for the CWDP and seeing that wireless is where most of my experience is at and that lots of companies are looking for people with design experience, I have decided to go for this cert.
ISC2 Associate, WCNA, CWNA, OSCP, Network+

Return to CWNP Certs