SANS MGT414

<<

ziggy_567

Post Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:22 am

SANS MGT414

I was curious if anyone here has taken the MGT 414 class from SANS and if they felt it was a good preparation for the CISSP.

I took a practice exam last night and did pretty well on it. However, I took the practice CISSP exam from the Shon Harris book prior to any concerted study and did not do as well as I would have liked. So, I'm trying to determine where I am in my studies before I put my study plan together.

I've taken 4 other SANS classes and thought they were probably the best training I've taken, but none of the SANS classes I've taken were trying to cover some other organization's material.

Any thoughts?

--
Ziggy
--
Ziggy

eCPPT - GSEC - GCIH - GWAPT - GCUX - RHCE - SCSecA - Security+ - Network+
<<

jason

Post Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:54 pm

Re: SANS MGT414

I took this about a month before taking the CISSP test. My instructor was Eric Conrad. He did a great job teaching the class, particularly through some of the drier material. My only complaint about the class was that some of the things in the class that were somewhat glossed over were featured strongly on the particular version of the test that I ended up with. This was a failing in the course materials themselves, not the instructor. Luckily, I had put in a bit of additional effort with a few other CISSP prep books and cccure and ended up passing on the first go. Overall, I would say that the class was worth it, but be sure that you can fill in any gaps from other sources.

Return to General Certification