Windows Login Crack

<<

dz93

Post Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:36 am

Windows Login Crack

I am currently locked out of my computer. I've got my netbook connected to my wireless network. Is it possible to use Cain and Abel or Wireshark to pull my windows accounts off my desktop computer and crack them on my netbook? I know Cain allows you to crack Windows Logins that are on the machine Cain is currently running on but I know either Cain or Wireshark can crack Windows Logins on another machine wirelessly.

Can anyone help me?
<<

pizza1337

Post Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:39 pm

Re: Windows Login Crack

Those tools won't allow you to do that.

You can restart it, and boot some live distro and grab the SAM file(easy way), or
you can do this, connect to same network with different device, and find IP of your netbook, scan to see if any ports are open, run an msf, and exploit it, if its successful you can dump the hashes, and crack it to get the password.

how did you get locked out of your netbook anyway?
Knowledge Resource is Power.
<<

dz93

Post Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:03 pm

Locked out of desktop. I am on my netbook. I've had to put a password on it one weekend cuz of some of my cousins like looking through my computer. I don't like that so I password protected it. I remembered the password that weekend but I never shut down or lock my computer so I forgot all about the password. So I was just wondering if it was possible to crack the password for my account using my netbook over my wireless internet.

Could you please explain the second method better? I'd like to learn how to do it this way. I've also had problems like this with my friends computer. He also got locked out of his computer. It was basically the same situation I'm in except he didn't have a netbook or anything. So he had to pay someone to do it. So I'd appreciate it if you could help me out with this. Thanks
<<

dynamik

Recruiters
Recruiters

Post Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:53 pm

The day you stop learning is the day you start becoming obsolete.
<<

dz93

Post Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:56 pm

Thanks but I prefer to attempt to crack it wirelessly on my netbook.
<<

pizza1337

Post Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:11 pm

i recommend konboot too. but if you must crack it wirelessly, do you have any experience with nmap or metasploit?
<<

Ketchup

Post Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:13 pm

I am starting to smell something fishy here.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ketchup
<<

dz93

Post Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:17 pm

I've heard of metasploit. Apparently there was a way to crack accounts like I want to with it but I've heard it was recently patched? But please explain I'll try my best to get it working.
<<

dynamik

Recruiters
Recruiters

Post Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:31 pm

Ketchup wrote:I am starting to smell something fishy here.

Is it his story? It might have sunk because of all the holes...
<<

dz93

Post Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:39 pm

What's wrong with my story? I'm just trying to further my knowledge of wireless network cracking by asking these questions. However the story is true. I can't remember the password on my desktop computer which I want to hack wirelessly. It's more challenging and seems more fun. So don't judge me by my story. I appreciate all help you guys have offered so far and would like it if you could continue to help me.
<<

dynamik

Recruiters
Recruiters

Post Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:47 pm

Sorry, I guess if I was in that situation, I would just want to get back into my machine ASAP and not make a challenge out of it...

You're going to find that to be quite the task if the firewall is on. You'll probably get stuck doing something like brute-forcing SMB (assuming you have file sharing enabled).
<<

pizza1337

Post Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:51 pm

if i needed to get in machine quickly i would use konboot or something like that..

but if i wanted to further my knowledge i would write down password (just in case) and then try all the tricks.
<<

dz93

Post Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:00 pm

Sure I could crack it and write down the password. Maybe I've even already done that. But that still won't help me learning what I wanted to learn. Now I know my desktop is sharing a whole drive (External Drive) Which I can access from my netbook. But let's say I wasn't sharing anything at all. Could I still crack my accounts password?

Now I don't know everything there is to know about all this cracking stuff yet but I'm willing to learn so bare with me if I say something stupid.

I know Cain and Abel can crack passwords as long as it has the hash for it to crack. So if I can get the hash of my accounts password via my netbook wirelessly I can crack the password. Easy as that. Except I need to figure out how to get the hash first right? And keep in mind I want to do this all wirelessly.
<<

Kev

Post Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:16 pm

Sorry but you are not going to be able to accomplish what you are trying to do unless you can exploit the target system. If its not vulnerable to an exploit you are sol. Its ironic that home systems with fewer services running on them connected with a basic wireless router can "sometimes" be harder targets to exploit than over worked large corporate servers running too many outdated applications.
<<

dz93

Post Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:18 pm

Alright. Well thanks for all the help then. I appreciate it.
Next

Return to Wireless