Alternative to Netresident in Linux

<<

alexbariv

Post Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:12 pm

Alternative to Netresident in Linux

Hi everybody.

I'm working auditing some networks,... My fav's app's are  Wireshark, Snort, Aircrack for this kind of work, but after I see some screenshots of Netresident,  wanna try this app. The problem: its for windows only, so I was wondering if there is any FOSS App like Wireshark, similar to Netresident that i can run in my Linux Box.

I know that i can do the same thing in Wireshark, but it seems that NetResident already has filters and different options to display the packets.

So, any suggestion?  ???

Thanks in advance.  ;D
<<

hayabusa

Post Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:24 am

Re: Alternative to Netresident in Linux

I've not used NetResident, even on Windows.  There are plenty of protocol and packet decodes available for Wireshark (as well as custom filters and coloring rules) out there.  Check out Laura Chappell's pages, and others.  I'm sure you could scare up some good ones.  (If time permits, from a project I'm buried in, this afternoon, I'll post some links to some of the better ones I've come across and used...)
~ hayabusa ~ 

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved." - Sun Tzu, 'The Art of War'

OSCE, OSCP , GPEN, C|EH

Return to Malware