New area of the forum?

<<

Kev

Post Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:28 am

New area of the forum?

I was wondering if it would make sense to have an area of the forum that was dedicated to the ins and outs of how to acquire employment in security field, i.e. the best ways to land a job and to keep it, How to move ahead once there ,etc…  Seems like there is some interest in that.  I have my own company and would be very happy to address what that’s all about and give advice to those seeking that path. Any way, just a thought.
<<

don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:10 am

Re: New area of the forum?

I'm always willing to look at adding areas that may benefit the community. On the other hand, I don't want to lose focus or duplicate efforts. On our sister site, Certified Security Professional Online Magazine (CSP Mag), we have a Career Advice Section as well as a forum board.

That site deals with more generic security issues as opposed to this site which is more focused. That being said, I have been pondering the idea of having an area to not only offer career advice here on EH-Net but also have a Resume / Employer Exchange.

I'm interested to see how people react to this post, then we can all make a decision together.

Don
CISSP, MCSE, CSTA, Security+ SME
<<

LSOChris

Post Sat Jul 29, 2006 12:10 pm

i'm always interested in learning how to get a better job or make more money :-)
<<

morpheus063

Post Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:25 am

Hi,

A platform for discussing the new avenues for Security experts are always a good initiative. In my personal opinion no body is fully equipped with all the bits and bytes of the evolving security jargons. So a streamlined and well moderated forum (like this one) is a good starting point for discussing the various issues related to securing and achieving a career in IS or IT Security.

Regards and best wishes.

Morpheus
Manu Zacharia
MVP (Enterprise Security), ISLA-2010 (ISC)², C|EH, C|HFI, CCNA, MCP,
Certified ISO 27001:2005 Lead Auditor

[b]There are 3 roads to spoil; women, gambling & hacking. The most pleasant with women, the quickest with gambling, but the surest is hacking - c0c0n
<<

don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:56 am

So Morpheus,

Was that a vote for a new board or continue using what we have?

Maybe I should add a poll?

Don
CISSP, MCSE, CSTA, Security+ SME
<<

morpheus063

Post Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:29 pm

don wrote:So Morpheus,

Was that a vote for a new board or continue using what we have?

Maybe I should add a poll?

Don

Hi Don,

You can treat this post as my vote for it.

Regards,

Morpheus
Manu Zacharia
MVP (Enterprise Security), ISLA-2010 (ISC)², C|EH, C|HFI, CCNA, MCP,
Certified ISO 27001:2005 Lead Auditor

[b]There are 3 roads to spoil; women, gambling & hacking. The most pleasant with women, the quickest with gambling, but the surest is hacking - c0c0n

Return to News Items and General Discussion About EH-Net