Just signed up for wifu

<<

KrisTeason

Post Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:59 am

Re: Just signed up for wifu

I know for the OSCP that you need to schedule to take your exam within 90 days from the date that your lab time expires. I'd imagine the OSWP would be the same - the exam could be scheduled in your Student Control panel after you've vpn'd into their network.
eCPPT (Silver/Gold), eWPT, GSEC, GISP, GCIH, OSCP, OSWP
<<

pizza1337

Post Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:12 pm

I asked them, Surprisingly its 120 days.
Knowledge Resource is Power.
<<

j0rDy

Post Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:00 am

Great, thanks for sharing! this gives a nice opportunity to review the accuired knowledge and practise some more before the exam. this lowers the threshold even more!
CISSP, CEH, ECSA, OSCP, OSWP

earning my stripes appears to be a road i must travel alone...with a little help of EH.net
<<

dynamik

Recruiters
Recruiters

Post Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:50 pm

Unfortunately, I wasn't too fond of this course. There's excellent information on 802.11 in general, but nearly everything on the offensive side of things focused exclusively on WEP. It seemed a bit outdated, and I had trouble staying motivated enough to get through the material. I'm undecided as to whether I'll even take the challenge. It was probably amazing when it was initially released, but it feels a bit dated at this point. I'd consider GAWN if you were serious about wireless (but that is obviously significantly more expensive).
The day you stop learning is the day you start becoming obsolete.
<<

pizza1337

Post Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:23 pm

dynamik wrote:Unfortunately, I wasn't too fond of this course. There's excellent information on 802.11 in general, but nearly everything on the offensive side of things focused exclusively on WEP. It seemed a bit outdated, and I had trouble staying motivated enough to get through the material. I'm undecided as to whether I'll even take the challenge. It was probably amazing when it was initially released, but it feels a bit dated at this point. I'd consider GAWN if you were serious about wireless (but that is obviously significantly more expensive).

Ill look, right now i am just high school senior i can't really afford expensive courses.
<<

pizza1337

Post Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:31 pm

Exam on Sunday,

"The Challenge consists of a live wireless lab with a host BT3 wired/wireless computer you'll ssh into.  This BT3 machine's terminal will be your attack vector for the challenge.  From your ssh sessions, you will have 4 hours to explore and attack the wireless lab and to complete the assigned tasks.

Your challenge results should be submitted within 24 hours of the end of your challenge, and should include documentation and explanations for each step taken in the exam."
<<

UNIX

Post Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:41 am

Good luck on the exam.

Could you give more information about the complexity and scope of the WiFu course? It seems to me that you were either very fast or that there is not that much to do, considering the date when you signed up for the course. Personally I am more interested in OSCP, but I'd consider WiFu as well. Usually people write that 30 days might be too short for OSCP because there's so much to do, so I am wondering here.
<<

Anquilas

Post Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:41 am

Indeed, the learning period seems much shorter then OSCP? Is it that 'easy' or were you just able to study full-time at it these last week(s).

In any case: good luck! Kick some exam *ss ^^
Twitter: https://twitter.com/dietervds
Blog: https://synquell.wordpress.com (not much there yet)

The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand.
<<

j0rDy

Post Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:24 am

good luck! tell us how you did!

WiFu is significant smaller then OSCP because there is simply less material to work with regarding the subject. i read that WiFu equals 10 CPE's for your CISSP certificate, while OSCP counts for 30 CPE's. Given this i'd say compared to OSCP, WiFu is a walk in the park ;). Also the exam is shorter (4h compared to 24h) so it should be doable with enough prior knowledge. personally i cant wait to get started on the Offensive Security certifications! Still have some other issues to work out first...

earning my stripes appears to be a road i must travel alone...with a little help of EH.net
<<

What90

Post Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:07 am

pizza1337,

Best of luck! Take it one step at a time, keep good notes and you'll be fine :-)

@awesec
If you don't have any experience with wireless this course is a well balanced, straightforward introduction, but is focused toward WEP. Obviously WEP is still alive and well so the content is still relevant.
I've leave a full review to pizza1337, not to steal any of his thunder.
<<

UNIX

Post Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:23 am

WiFu is not on my top ranked points I'd like to achieve soon (whereas OSCP is one of them), though I am interested in it. Was just curious and may take it when I have done some of the other certs on my list.
<<

pizza1337

Post Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:34 am

done with exam, took less than 1 hour.  :o 8)
review and information soon.
<<

Anquilas

Post Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:27 am

Congrats! Looking forward to it :-)
Twitter: https://twitter.com/dietervds
Blog: https://synquell.wordpress.com (not much there yet)

The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand.
<<

j0rDy

Post Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:15 am

pizza1337 wrote:done with exam, took less than 1 hour.  :o 8)
review and information soon.

Great! i thought about you yesterday, lets hope it helped :D

Previous

Return to OSWP - Offensive Security Wireless Professional