Backtrack 4

<<

just need help

Post Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:29 pm

Backtrack 4

Hi everyone i am hoping someone can help with this very annoying problem i am using backtrack 4 final it loads perfect the problem i have is when have done airomon-ng start wlan0 i get my chip-set then i type in airodump-ng wlan0 this bring up the client lists after it has searched it is supposed to return to btroot so i can continue to my next command but nothing happens is it because there is not enough signal as i am trying to hack myself thanks.
<<

j0rDy

Post Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:20 am

Re: Backtrack 4

the airodump-ng continues to search for clients until you tell it to stop. if you are unsure how its time to learn some basic unix/linux skills first. good luck!
CISSP, CEH, ECSA, OSCP, OSWP

earning my stripes appears to be a road i must travel alone...with a little help of EH.net
<<

n1p

Post Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:19 pm

As was stated previously, this is the way it is meant to operate. you will also require this to run as you kick of aireplay-ng. It will show you the amount of IV data fragments collected and as such provide an indicator as to when you crack the key. By the sounds of it, you are working from the command line environment with a single session. Try typing startx to launch a window GUI session.

Alot of videos on WEP/WPA cracking available online to get an idea of correct usage

cheers,
n1p
<<

j0rDy

Post Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:40 am

n1p wrote:As was stated previously, this is the way it is meant to operate. you will also require this to run as you kick of aireplay-ng. It will show you the amount of IV data fragments collected and as such provide an indicator as to when you crack the key. By the sounds of it, you are working from the command line environment with a single session. Try typing startx to launch a window GUI session.

Alot of videos on WEP/WPA cracking available online to get an idea of correct usage

cheers,
n1p

nice addon. my quess would be that he is learning form a video, but those videos do not show (or say) the stop command so thats where the help is needed, justneedhelp: am i right?
CISSP, CEH, ECSA, OSCP, OSWP

earning my stripes appears to be a road i must travel alone...with a little help of EH.net

Return to Hardware