Hakin9 Magazine (any subscribers here?)

<<

zeroflaw

Post Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:09 am

Hakin9 Magazine (any subscribers here?)

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone has a subscription to Hakin9 Magazine. I've downloaded a free pdf from their site and it looks good so far. I'm thinking about getting a subscription to the printed version, cause I'm not a fan of reading pdf's. Can anyone tell me if its worth the subscription money? It's 79.00 USD for 24 months. Doesn't seem that expensive to me. Any thoughts?
Last edited by zeroflaw on Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ZF
<<

Vedder

Post Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:39 am

Re: Hakin9 Magazine (any subscribers here?)

I have a subscription. I think it's a little over priced, but it is a good read.
C|EH, MCSE, MCSA: Security, Security+, Network+, A+
<<

ethicalhack3r

Post Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:13 am

I'm a recent subscriber. My employer paid for my subscription so I'm not sure what price they paid.

You normal get a cd with some material on, the past 2 months they were wireless security I believe. The magazine content is mixed and varied. Some stuff more technical while other not so.

Overall I think it's worth having.
<<

j0rDy

Post Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:40 am

i dont have a subscription but the issues i got to see were quite good. the articles are in depth and a lot of different subjects come to pass. i'm not sure if we have a corporate subscription, its worth a check before i subscribe myself...
CISSP, CEH, ECSA, OSCP, OSWP

earning my stripes appears to be a road i must travel alone...with a little help of EH.net
<<

rvs

Post Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:31 pm

Good to have. Just make sure you get the old versions in pdf. They give it for free. Delivery took awhile to get into my mailbox. Good to have and very informative.
<<

BigPrince

Post Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:58 pm

Good magazine.  Just make sure if you attempt to use any code from there that you understand it fully.  Either intentionally or unintentionally most scripts listed are wrong, bad variables, etc.  You'll have to go back through and fix.
<<

mambru

Post Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:19 pm

I've been a subscriber for 2 years, and I can widely recommend it, it's worth every penny. Though as BigPrince says, you'll find errors in the code and other typos, the level of of the articles compensate it.
<<

Bane

Post Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:51 am

I subscribe. It is simply the best mas produced IT security magazine out there. It tells way more than the industry rags like Information Security and SC. You can actually learn from Hacki9 how exploits work, etc. Well worth the money IMO.
<<

j0rDy

Post Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:35 am

rvs wrote:Good to have. Just make sure you get the old versions in pdf. They give it for free. Delivery took awhile to get into my mailbox. Good to have and very informative.

so, if you subscribe you get access to the complete archive of issues in pdf format?

earning my stripes appears to be a road i must travel alone...with a little help of EH.net
<<

zeroflaw

Post Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:53 am

Thanks guys, I know enough. I think I will subscribe to Hakin9 soon.
ZF
<<

UNIX

Post Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:05 am

j0rDy wrote:
rvs wrote:Good to have. Just make sure you get the old versions in pdf. They give it for free. Delivery took awhile to get into my mailbox. Good to have and very informative.

so, if you subscribe you get access to the complete archive of issues in pdf format?

No, at least not when subscribing to the German issues (which covers different articles as the English issues). I think the same applies for the English version.

You can get older versions from their website or within their newsletters.
Last edited by UNIX on Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

j0rDy

Post Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:49 am

i searched the website and couldnt find anything about getting access to the complete archive. you do however have the possibility to buy a pack of issues from the complete archive. or you can buy single issues so if there is anything you would like to read there are plenty possibilities to do so...

<<

UNIX

Post Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:03 am

If you are only interested in particular articles you can always try to see if the author has a website with the article(s) available. Writing an e-mail to the author should work as well in most cases.
<<

hjazz

Post Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:44 pm

Hi all,

I'm interested in subscribing to Hakin9, but it's kinda hard to do that. Is there a subscription form I can fill out or an email I can contact?

Thanks!
<<

j0rDy

Post Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:57 am

hello hjazz and welcome to EH.net!

i guess a mail with some personal info and a question how to subscribe will be sufficient.

Next

Return to Other