CCSP

<<

knwminus

Post Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:40 pm

CCSP

Greetings:

Has anyone here earned the CCSP certification? Any suggested reading material in preparation for it? I have the CCNA SEcurity and I am looking to prepare for the CCSP (after the CCNP).

Thanks
A+ N+ CCNA CCNA:S CNSS 4011 Security+

Next Up: CCNP CCNP:S
<<

KamiCrazy

Post Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:42 am

Re: CCSP

If you work for a cisco partner, PEC
<<

knwminus

Post Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:06 pm

It would be nice if I did. I will probably end up getting the CBTS and try to piece together a decent book list.

<<

bjorn2fyte

Post Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:26 pm

If you are still looking for CCSP reading materials check out this website.  It helped me alot already.   
http://www.sadikhov.com/forum/index.php?s=3e665c5a2f0d7bf99616a617b9016a5a&amp;showforum=100
<<

knwminus

Post Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:05 pm

Cool. Thanks.

<<

knwminus

Post Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:12 pm

So after I do the MCSA and MCSA Security I am going to try to take stab at the SNRS this year. I will add to this thread when I pull the trigger.

<<

COm_BOY

Post Fri May 28, 2010 4:58 am

knwminus :
I had a look into your signature ....

CCNA:S(completed) Security+ LPIC-1 CCDA (maybe)  MCSA:S

Looks like you are looking for quite a diversified field having hands into Linux , Windows , Cisco . Being a CCSP I would advise you to go for it definitely if you work for Cisco Partner or for an enterprise having installed Cisco as their networking appliances . There are lot of people in their early career looking for CCSP because the word S says Security which offcourse looks attractive . You should be careful because when you come to configuring routers , switches , firewalls etc you must be good at routing which could be achieved by doing CCNP rather than CCSP .

For example:
-- DMVPN : When you configure DMVPN it is definitely a type of VPN however it involves a heavy amount of routing .

etc.
As for me I work for a Cisco Partner so here we have to be strong at the basics which are off course routing and switching to handle clients in emergency cases and then look into VoIP or Sec. or Wireless fields respectively . Thats the main reason I dont have my CCNP . 

As far the materials are concerned I would highly recommend Internetwork Expert newly launched CCSP Class on Demand ( offline ) . Never go for CBT Nuggets when it comes to Cisco :P
It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity.
<<

knwminus

Post Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:03 am

Sorry I haven't been here in a while.

I got a new job as a Network Security Admin which basically means I will support the linux/web servers as well as all of the networking gear and phone system for a 60 user shop. I am going to do CCNP first then CCSP. I do agree with you remark about chasing the CCSP because of the S in its name. I want to make sure I have solid R/S and Networking knowledge so I might even do the CCNP and CCIP then CCSP. Who knows, I am not in to big of a rush.

Thanks for the suggestion on material. Do you have a home lab or is your studying done on company equipment?

<<

COm_BOY

Post Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:29 pm

Since you look good into linux OS , try installing it on a minimum Core2Duo PC with 2 GB Ram ( install 64bit ) . Then you can use google to search for a thing called GNS3 . It can help you emulate routers , firewalls and make up a good lab , as far as the switching thing is concerned the arch. of 3560 are quite complicated and thus can not be emulated . But if you use NM-16ESW module on a 3640 or so I am pretty much sure you will cover several of switching modules however this module is a layer 2 one and new CCNP outline covers much on L3 . Dont just follow the outline of the course be dynamic .

As far as my case is concerned I had more than 3 2611XM , ASA 5510, IPS 4215 ( OS 5/6 ) , 2x3560 in my office to practice it . Other than that I would say GNS3 is an excellent platform to practice several things . Recently they also introduced Olive emulation .
It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity.
<<

knwminus

Post Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:26 am

I know about GNS3 lol. As soon as I get some more cash, I am going to build a new pc for all my virtualization needs. I need to run ESXI as well and currently none of my machines are beefy enough.  GNS3 can't do any switching because of the hardware used but there is a built in switch and a switching mod for a 3640 i believe.

After I do my LPIC-1 (august/september) it will be full steam ahead for the NP and SP. I might do CCNA voice as well but i'm not sure.

<<

COm_BOY

Post Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:49 pm

best of luck from EH Network .

Return to Networking