VoIP Security

<<

TonyG

Post Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:46 pm

VoIP Security

How many really care about VoIP Security? I am heading to the inaugural SANS course, and am hoping to learn a lot. I will try to find the time to do a write up about it when I come back....
Network+, Security+, C|EH, SnortCP, GSLC, PITA certified (yes, Pain In the A$$), United States Marine, thru and thru
<<

rattis

Post Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:16 pm

Re: VoIP Security

I'd be interested in the write up of the class and any big WOW things that are covered.
OSWP, Sec+
<<

TonyG

Post Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:21 am

Day one didn't start out great. My flight got cancelled, and I didn't get into the class until 4 hours after the start. Will try to pay more attention now and get as much info as I can....
Network+, Security+, C|EH, SnortCP, GSLC, PITA certified (yes, Pain In the A$$), United States Marine, thru and thru
<<

UNIX

Post Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:55 am

Already finished? How was it? :)
<<

TonyG

Post Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:14 pm

It was pretty good. Learned a lot about the "quieter" protocols that are involved.

Some of the surprises that really hit me was the steganography portion. There are a few articles out there that explain it well.

There were some hiccups in the class with getting some of the labs to work, but overall, I would say that if there is a chance you'll be looking at VoIP, then by all means attend this course! Once I get dug out of the plethora of stuff now that I'm back at work, I'll try to break it down into the daily stuff covered.

Return to Other