backtrack 4 help

<<

joshboss1234

Post Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:55 pm

backtrack 4 help

just installed backtrack 4. im having trouble finding any tutorials that dont pertain to just hacking wep keys or wpa/wpa2 keys. any help will be apreciated. thank you.
<<

ItsTheLion

Post Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:42 pm

Re: backtrack 4 help

<<

UNIX

Post Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:51 am

What exactly do you want to learn?
Last edited by UNIX on Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

joshboss1234

Post Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:35 am

im not exactly sure were i want to  start off in backtrack 4. i read something on sniffing. i have a good idea about arp spoofing and injections. how would a hacker benefit from that? im right now trying to use arp spoofing to capture my router password when i log into it. (my router password not my wpa key) is that possable? im using DSniff. should i be using a different sniffer? thanks alot. and anything that you could tell me, or any tutorials pertaining to backtrack 4 would help alot. i know thats pretty vague. sorry
<<

hayabusa

Post Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:50 am

You can use ARP spoofing to capture passwords, etc.  By spoofing ARP, you can use tools like ettercap (or others) to play man-in-the-middle for SSL, which would enable you to capture and view, in clear text, the usernames and passwords passed to https login screens and other https 'protected' pages / sites.  I haven't specifically used dsniff for this type of activity, myself, so unsure how that fares, but I'm sure there are likely tutorials on the web for it, if it's the right tool for the job.
~ hayabusa ~ 

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved." - Sun Tzu, 'The Art of War'

OSCE, OSCP , GPEN, C|EH

Return to Network Pen Testing