Syferlock... any experiences?

<<

hayabusa

Post Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:37 pm

Syferlock... any experiences?

Just an interesting authentication mechanism, which a customer of mine has asked me to test out for them as part of a pentest / security audit, and wondered if anyone has any experiences with it - good, bad or indifferent.

http://www.syferlock.com/

I can think of many ways one MIGHT be able to bypass it, or gain info over time, and plan to do  some testing (which I'll report here after I do,) but figured if anyone else here has already played with it, I don't want to reinvent the wheel.

Thanks.

hayabusa
~ hayabusa ~ 

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved." - Sun Tzu, 'The Art of War'

OSCE, OSCP , GPEN, C|EH
<<

venom77

Post Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:23 pm

Re: Syferlock... any experiences?

I have some pretty good experience with it. We implemented it on a content management system as replacement to the built-in login process.

Seems to be a pretty solid/stable system. Didn't seem to have any issues or hear any complaints from users about it.

I'd be very interested to know what you find - we didn't do any in-depth testing on it.
<<

hayabusa

Post Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:56 pm

Re: Syferlock... any experiences?

Thanks for the reply, BillV.  It's looks to be an interesting concept / product, so I'm kind of pumped to be testing against something of a newer variety than I usually come across.  I likely won't actually do the analys and testing until early March, so there'll be a little hiatus here, but again, figured I'd get as much info as I could, so I'm not reinventing the wheel, if someone else has experiences with it.
~ hayabusa ~ 

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved." - Sun Tzu, 'The Art of War'

OSCE, OSCP , GPEN, C|EH

Return to Other