July '06 Giveaway - Mile2

<<

don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:50 am

July '06 Giveaway - Mile2

Win DFED/ADFT Boot Camp Seat Worth $2600

Here's yet another prize that will hopefully have all of you adding to our forums! Mile2 IT Security Training has put together a highly technical training program that concentrates on the up and coming exciting field of forensics. Here is your chance to win a seat in a Computer Forensics Training Boot Camp at almost any of Mile2's facilities globally worth $2600 (Prizes included the seat and curriculum only. No travel, food hotel etc.) All it takes is some effort on your part, and this awesome prize could be yours. Good luck and let us know what you think of this prize by responding below.

Gentle Reminder: If you don't participate on this site or CSP Magazine, you have NO hope of winning.

Don
CISSP, MCSE, CSTA, Security+ SME
<<

cmos

Post Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:08 pm

Re: July '06 Giveaway - Mile2

That's an awesome giveaway. How is the winner picked? randomly or by number of posts?
<<

Negrita

Post Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:16 pm

cmos wrote:That's an awesome giveaway. How is the winner picked? randomly or by number of posts?

It used to be random, but now a combination of quantity and quality posts will get you there. The emphasis is more on the quality. One quality post won't do it either. If you contribute and give back to the community over time you will (probably) eventualy be rewarded.

You'll find the official answer here. The prizes used to be only for CSP Mag members but it has recently been opened up for EH-Net members too.
CEH, CCSA NG/AI, NNCSS, MCP, MCSA 2003

There are 10 kinds of people, those that understand binary, and those that don't.
<<

don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:20 pm

I'll just add to Negrita's correct answer:

It's actually by quality of participation. That can be by submitting articles, posting in the forums or moderator a board. But here's an example:

50 posts with quality advice, that help others with problems or offer great study tips on specific topics will beat out 1000 posts that only say things like 'Congrats on passing.' or 'Me too.'

Longevity never hurts either. We've given away prizes to members who don't post a lot but have consistantly contributed over a number of months.

Hope this helps and good luck,
Don
<<

don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:08 pm

Whoops...

I was corrected by Mile2 on the value of the Giveaway. It's worth $3000 not $2600.

Sorry,
Don
<<

wakaki

Post Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:15 am

Hi, I won the same prize last year in a conference in israel.
They told me the prize is limited to here and they are trying to create a course over here.. Im still waiting for the prize, nudging them but they don't seem to care.
Think twice before giving a prize through them, Rotem
<<

don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:48 am

Point taken. So far, they have been good to us. On the other hand, we do have a link to their training facilities, so you can see where they offer training. If we have a winner, and no class is in their area, I'm sure we can find something for them.

Ask anyone who has won. EH-Net truly wants to support the security community especially if you contribute to this site. If something happens to a sponsor or the sponsor and winner can't get their schedules together, I take it as my personal responsibility to reward that member. I WILL find something for the winner. I can't say what it will be or that it will be the same value, but that's they way I do business.

Looking forward to your participation,
Don
<<

Negrita

Post Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:17 pm

Hey Rotem,

John Bryce College in downtown Tel Aviv has a 40 hour (5 day) course called; Digital Forensics & Electronic Disc Intro & Adv Boot camp.

I was sent by my work to do my ICND course there, and it was very enjoyable and well organized.

I've mentioned to Don before (on another thread) that Mile2 only has study facilities in the USA, Canada, Britain, Ireland and Germany. He replied that the travel expenses are to be incurred by the winner. If you win and cannot use the prize you could always sell it on eBay. I know of one member here that bought a prize from another member here at a reduced rate, passed his exam and is now happily certified.  :) With the money you get from selling it you could pay for your own course at a local vendor
Last edited by Negrita on Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CEH, CCSA NG/AI, NNCSS, MCP, MCSA 2003

There are 10 kinds of people, those that understand binary, and those that don't.
<<

don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:47 pm

wakiki,

PM me your contact info, and I'll send it to Mile2.

Don
<<

MaxwellSmart

Post Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:02 pm

I am the instructor for this class and I have to tell you that they do give these away!!  I teach several classes a month for this awsome company and a good portion of the time I have a seat given away by Mile2 for one of the individuals in the class.  I do know that they will work with indiviuals who have won prizes through them to take these classes.  I have personally seen it.  I don't think that is any issue getting awarded the prize if you won!! 

Good luck and I hope to see you in the class Soon.

Maxwell....

Return to News Items and General Discussion About EH-Net