Tablets

<<

bamed

Post Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:18 am

Tablets

While reading about the iPad yesterday, I ran across the TouchBook (http://www.alwaysinnovating.com/touchbook/).  It's basically a netbook with a removable touch screen lcd, which turns it into a tablet.  My first thought was, I wonder if the wireless card supports injection.  I haven't seen anything about it in the forums.  I then came across the OpenPandora (http://www.open-pandora.org/).  It also runs linux, will it support injection?
Anyway, both of these look like potentially fun and useful platforms for wireless and other pen-testing.
Does anyone know of a good, small, mobile device that's actually useful for pen-testing?  I remember reading an article about something designed just for this purposed, but I must not have saved the URL because i can't find anything about it.
chown -R bamed ./base
<<

venom77

Post Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:48 am

Re: Tablets

Could you be thinking of Silica from Immunity?

It looks like they just offer the software now, but it used to run on hardware that looked similar to a Nokia device.
<<

bamed

Post Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:00 am

Yes, that's it!  Thx
chown -R bamed ./base
<<

hayabusa

Post Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:51 am

Immunity's stuff has always been top notch.  Dave Aitel and company really put in a lot of hours to come up with the solutions they offer.  I hadn't taken the time to look at Silica before, but now I'll have to.

I'd already been working on some custom scripts and tools for my own usage, but if Silica works as well as I'd expect, coming from Immunity, I might just cough up the cash and go with theirs, myself!
~ hayabusa ~ 

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved." - Sun Tzu, 'The Art of War'

OSCE, OSCP , GPEN, C|EH
<<

hayabusa

Post Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:52 am

On that note... wonder how well it'd run on my oQo...  That could REALLY be a handy way to do my wireless testing...
~ hayabusa ~ 

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved." - Sun Tzu, 'The Art of War'

OSCE, OSCP , GPEN, C|EH

Return to Hardware