Advise on Practice Question Software

<<

kutupla

Post Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:47 pm

Advise on Practice Question Software

I am currently working my way through the CEH material using the following books:

http://www.amazon.com/CEH-Prep-Guide-Comprehensive-Certified/dp/0470135921/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1264638214&sr=8-2

http://www.amazon.com/CEH-Official-Certified-Ethical-Hacker/dp/0782144373/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1264638214&sr=8-1

I purchased the Pass4Sure test prep questions to support this endeavor. The problem I am having is that the software that presents the practice questions does not organize the questions by topic or domain. It presents several volumes of questions that are not organized in any helpful way.

I was wondering if someone out there knows if there is a practice software somewhere that allows to only take questions from a topic you are studying for, etc etc..

I will appreciate any help on this matter...

Thanks!
<<

Andec

Post Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:27 am

Re: Advise on Practice Question Software

If I remember correctly, the practice exams from Preplogic allow you to only test on the subjects you are studying. The free version is pretty limited in the amount of questions per topic though I think.
C|EH
<<

unsupported

Post Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:35 am

First, I definately recommend the CEH: Official.  That taught me exactly what EC-Council wanted me to know about the test.  I think I looked at the CEH Prep and chose Michael Gregg's Exam Prep.  I loved the Exam Prep, Gregg teaches you why you want to know the material, where the CEH: Official taught you what you want to know.

I am not familiar with a lot of testing software, but I would recommend a good free resource which meets your requirement of only showing questions from what you are studying, and it does ask basic questions.  It is the CEH Flashcard site, http://samsclass.info/124/flashcards/index.html

I hope this helps.  good luck.
-Un
CISSP, GCIH, GCIA, C|EH, Sec+, Net+, MCP
<<

MarkyZ

Post Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:26 am

Just so you know, both the books you are using are outdated.  They are the books for CEHv5.  Now they are using CEHv6.1.  The offical study guide for 6.1 doesen't come out until April.
<<

venom77

Post Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:54 am

MarkyZ wrote:Just so you know, both the books you are using are outdated.  They are the books for CEHv5.  Now they are using CEHv6.1.  The offical study guide for 6.1 doesen't come out until April.

The 22 domains and objectives of v6 are the same as v5.

312-50 Exam Info
<<

kutupla

Post Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:33 pm

Thanks everyone for your replies...

I actually don't mind the questions in the P4S software, but it would be great to be able to filter by the domains I'm working on at the time...I guess I'll keep shopping for something better...

Unsupported, thanks for the flash cards!...

Hoping to take the test late March / early April...
<<

virtualwolf

Post Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:35 am

I am using the ucertify practice exams and they seem to be laid out really well. I have not taken the exam yet so don't know for sure how good they really are yet  ;D. You can download a trial here:

http://www.ucertify.com/certifications/ ... l/ceh.html

Return to CEH - Certified Ethical Hacker