Affordable training?

<<

dkeefe75

Post Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:25 pm

Affordable training?

I am a 35 year old geek with 5 kids and I want to get certified in A+, Security+ and Network+ I am looking for affordable training. I found a site www.trainingcenter.com is it any good? If not, any recommendations? Thanks.
<<

UNIX

Post Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:26 am

Re: Affordable training?

Can't say something about the site, but as I read the certs you mentioned are not too hard and should be quite easy to pass. Especially when you search on EH-Net for S+ and study guides, you should be able to find some recommendations.

Amazon has listed quite a few books, so you might also look there and go through customer reviews.
<<

impelse

Post Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:28 pm

Those three exams you will able to pass just reading the books, doing some lab and practice exams.
CCNA, Security+, 70-290, 70-291
CCNA Security
Taking Hackingdojo training

<<

hayabusa

Post Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:47 pm

I'll 2nd and 3rd the comments above...  (I'm 37 with 4 kids, and have been there, done that... ;-) )  If I can be of any help, feel free to IM me on here, and we can chat.

Tim
(Hayabusa0194)
~ hayabusa ~ 

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved." - Sun Tzu, 'The Art of War'

OSCE, OSCP , GPEN, C|EH
<<

Grendel

Post Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:03 pm

Even though I teach Security+ as a boot camp, I advise people interested in the training that pretty much all courses can be self-learned if interested in saving money. The biggest difference between courses and self-study is you are exchanging money for time, or vice versa.

Also, be aware you often get what you pay for. If you decide to go for a training course, make sure the teacher is competent, not the school. Also, you might check out community colleges in your area as well - a lot of the introductory courses are being included in college programs now.
- Thomas Wilhelm, MSCS MSM
ISSMP CISSP SCSECA SCNA IEM

Web Site:
  • http://HackingDojo.com
Author:
  • Professional Penetration Testing
  • Ninja Hacking
  • Penetration Tester's Open Source Toolkit
  • Metasploit Toolkit for Penetration Testing
  • Netcat Power Tools

Return to General Certification