You passed version 6... wanna write?

<<

ChrisPEditor

Post Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:50 pm

You passed version 6... wanna write?

Ok, so this might be the totally wrong place to put this and I apologize, in advance, to moderators for making your job more difficult...

We're looking for some certified ethical hackers to help us update our testing materials from the old version 5 to the new version 6.  Any takers?  If you're interested, shoot an email to writingjobs@getsmartertraining.com.

Thanks!
Christopher Parker
Managing Editor, PrepLogic
<<

ChrisPEditor

Post Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:19 am

Re: You passed version 6... wanna write?

Hey, I just wanted to say thanks to the folks that replied to my earlier post.  And, additional thanks to don for not kicking my post off. ;)

A couple of you guys mentioned that the additional modules added in the v6 update to the test are, essentially, not tested on.  So, I'm sort of torn.  We want to make sure that we have the most up-to-date stuff to offer up to folks seeking a CEH.  At the same time, I don't want to jump into a huge update project if it's not warranted.

So, what's the deal?  I guess the biggest question, here, is this: are those new modules necessary for passing the test and, if not, are they necessary in order to be a good ethical hacker?
<<

UNIX

Post Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:00 pm

Re: You passed version 6... wanna write?

As they are only self-study modules, they are not needed for the exam.
Also I wouldn't call those modules a necessity in order to become a good ethical hacker, though they are certainly interesting.

Return to CEH - Certified Ethical Hacker