*Please note there are Global positions available for this role*
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send a copy of your resume to Stacey Schut at sschut (at) rim.com.
The BlackBerry Security Incident Response Team (BB-SIRT) is a center of excellence working to ensure the ongoing security of our products and services for customers and partners worldwide.
The security of BlackBerry products have always been among their strongest selling points, and RIM strives to provide the most secure, trusted mobile platform possible. To continue our tradition of excellence, we are looking for individuals in the security space who are knowledgeable, passionate, and experienced to join RIM. This is an opportunity to work for an industry leader in mobile security, one of the most challenging and interesting areas in computer science.
We are currently looking for security minded individuals to support RIM's comprehensive efforts to respond to emergent cyber-threats or incidents involving BlackBerry. The successful candidate will work in a fast paced, highly dynamic and challenging environment. The candidate will work with various teams across the organization to support vulnerability mitigation efforts, from identification of potential issues to analysis, mitigation and related communications.
The ideal candidate will grow their experience building and managing relationships in a large, complex ecosystem and solving problems at the intersection of technology and people.
• Identify, track and report on emergent threats to BlackBerry security
• Work with research and engineering teams to provide in-depth technical analysis of security issues, and work across the organization to support and ensure holistic remediation efforts
• Triage issues and quantitatively evaluate risk
• Prioritize and coordinate case-specific response activities, driving timely and appropriate remediation of issues
• Track and report on remediation efforts
• Cultivate strong working relationships with external researchers and reporting organizations to ensure effective collaboration
• Work with customer facing and internal teams to continually improve processes used to identify security issues
• Continually deepen knowledge and skills in support of maintaining the security of BlackBerry
• Mentor Security Response Analysts
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Java/C++ programming experience
• Understands common classes of product security vulnerabilities and attack/defense methodologies deeply
• Experience with issue management as well as designing/defining proactive mitigation
• Possesses strong written and verbal communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences
• Cool under pressure, objective and diplomatic
• Able to track and manage numerous parallel activities
• Demonstrates advanced analytical skills
• Able to work collaboratively with minimal supervision as part of a multi-disciplinary team
• Holds a Bachelors degree, Masters degree or equivalent in a computer science/engineering or related field
• Knowledge of BlackBerry products and services
• Knowledge of application security configuration and best practices
• Knowledge of wireless communications security (802.11, Bluetooth, cellular data etc)
Preference will be given to those applicants with professional experience in product security response and/or those with professional product security consulting experience.
If you're driven to take wireless technologies to the next level, it's time you join the team at RIM. We offer a challenging environment that fosters creativity and rewards excellence. Employees also have use of our award winning BlackBerry!
© 2010 Research In Motion Limited. All Rights Reserved. The BlackBerry and RIM families of related marks, images and symbols are the exclusive properties of Research In Motion Limited. RIM, BlackBerry, "Always On, Always Connected" and the "envelope in motion" symbol are registered with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and may be pending or registered in other countries.
Research In Motion is an Equal Opportunity Employer.