Old material for CEH 6

<<

bickmade

Post Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:13 am

Old material for CEH 6

I'm going to attempt my CEH exam AGAIN here shortly and I wanted to make sure the two books I have are sufficient. I have:

CEH: Official Certified Ethical Hacker Review Guide: Exam 312-50 (dated 2-27-2007) and Certified Ethical Hacker Exam Prep (dated 4-17-2006)

Next, should I wait and get updated version of the Study guide (dated 4-26-2010)? Or will I be ok?  any suggestions or information would be appreciated.
A+, Network +, Security +, C|EH
<<

Data_Raid

Post Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:39 am

Re: Old material for CEH 6

The material you have covers the v5 CEH exam but the v6 exam has additional modules that won't be covered in the material you have. The EC-Council have more information on the v6 course modules here: http://www.eccouncil.org/training/cours ... tline.aspx
I'd recommend to compare what the EC Council v6 covers and what you have.
VoIP and Bluetooth hacking are new to v6 amongst others.

This thread is also worth a read: http://www.ethicalhacker.net/content/view/190/24/

Personally I'd recommend to get study material that covers the v6 exam, or research the modules you don't have as much as possible to fill in the gaps. It might also be worth getting hold of some practice tests for the CEH exam, if you do purchase the practice tests make sure that they are recent and cover the v6 exam.

Good luck!
All men by nature desire knowledge.

Aristotle
<<

UNIX

Post Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:39 am

Depending on your knowledge the two mentioned books should be sufficient. It doesn't matter, that they are not up-to-date and were originally written for V5 as V6 covers the same as V5. The additional modules in V6 are only self-study and will (most probably - it happened that a few questions popped up during the exam, but it should no more) be no part of the exam.

If such questions should occur, you can always contact EC-Council and describe the situation (if you have failed because of this for example).

Good luck.
<<

venom77

Post Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:34 am

Those books should be sufficient for studying for the v6 exam.

You may also want to have a look at the EC-Council Press books. There are 5 in the CEH series - look through the 'similar items' for the others.

Also, I just stumbled across this Official Review Guide that I didn't know existed. Does anyone have any knowledge on this one?
<<

bill_clancy

Post Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:20 pm

Im working through The official review guide, which is a thin-ish book which steps through the course modules, with just a bit of detail. Probably best for review. Don't bother with the "CEH 100 success secrets", its a loosly dis-jointed series of papers, not really helpful to someone on this path
<<

Eth!cal

Post Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:54 pm

Thanks for updating us

Return to CEH - Certified Ethical Hacker