IRONKEY gets my KICK AZZ award !

<<

Kev

Post Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:18 pm

IRONKEY gets my KICK AZZ award !

I just got my IronKey flash drive; a nice reward for having made a number of posts through the years on the EH-net forum. Thanks to Don and IronKey.

I was extremely impressed the moment I opened the box with its durable brushed metal appearance. More importantly, the method incorporated for securing data is by far one of the most reliable I seen available to the general public. This is not to be confused with what is often passed off as secure data encryption. This is military level technology with a little touch of 007.  

Your data is secured with military grade AES CBC mode encryption that can’t be turned off or disabled and is password protected.  If you lose your password you are simply SOL.  Another feature I like is if after 10 consecutive incorrect password attempts are made, your IronKey will self-destruct. That’s awesome!  

I really have no problem backing up sensitive data on the Iron Key after a pentest. Unfortunately this is sometimes overlooked by pentesters and can open them up to legal problems if the data they retrieve is compromised.  I am definitely going to recommend the IronKey to my clients that need to transfer data in a secure method.
Last edited by Kev on Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Ketchup

Post Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:35 am

Re: IRONKEY gets my KICK AZZ award !

I've been reading up on it.  It sounds incredible technically and it's damn sexy too. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ketchup
<<

dalepearson

Post Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:53 am

I have one of the first Gen IronKeys and they really do rock.

For those who are interested there is a new firmware update out 2.0.2.2 that now gives you control panel access on your Mac.
I have just moved to a Mac, so this is ideal for me :)
<<

jason

Post Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:41 pm

I was really impressed by how solid they feel. It's really like a hunk of metal.
<<

Dengar13

Post Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:27 am

Yeah, this thing is really sweet.  I showed it to some of my coworkers and gave them a tour of it.  I think this would be a good thing for our remote users who work from home on a daily basis.  I love how you can personalize it and at the main menu will say "If found, please return to:".  The identity manager is a really slick feature also.  I highly recommend this and will be pushing this at my work big time. 

Thanks again to Mr. Don and the nice folks at IronKey for this great gift.
A+, Net+, MCP, CEH
MCSE: Security/Messaging
MCSA: Security/Messaging
Former U.S. Marine and damn proud of it!
<<

timmedin

Post Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:33 pm

I have an older one and I got one from EH.net/IronKey. I love it. It is so rugged. Normally I am afraid of breaking them in my bag and I wouldn't trust them to be carried with my keys, but this thing is solid.

I like all the cool features and the cross platform support too.
twitter.com/timmedin | http://blog.securitywhole.com

Return to Hardware