Need advices & Instructions

<<

BWS

Post Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:04 am

Need advices & Instructions

Hi all .

Am planing to get EH Certification , but i don't know how to get it

Does exam to be online ! or through auth centers ?

Do there is any conditions like age ... etc

I have Studied:-

CCNA
CCNA Security
Network +
Security +

I have little short experience with c++ , html , php
I am web server administrator as well & i am working as network engineer currently.

Please share with me your advices and from where i have to start

also how much this costs  ;D
Thanks
<<

don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:01 pm

Re: Need advices & Instructions

Do you mean that you plan to get ethical hacking certifications in general or are you talking specifically about EC-Council's CEH?

Welcome to EH-Net,
Don
CISSP, MCSE, CSTA, Security+ SME
<<

Data_Raid

Post Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:12 pm

If you are looking to persue the CEH (certified Ethical Hacker) certifiication you have two options, to attend a course or do your studies part time/self study. For more information about the CEH certification have a look at the following pages:
http://www.eccouncil.org/Course-Outline ... Course.htm
and http://www.eccouncil.org/Exam/312-50.htm
and http://www.eccouncil.org/takeexam.htm

If you choose to persue the self study route then you need at least 2 years security experience, you will also have to contact EC Council for an eligibility voucher number and use the application form found here: http://www.eccouncil.org/CEH%20Exam%20E ... 20Form.pdf

Eligibility Requirements

To be eligible for appearing in the CEH certification examination, you must:

1. Have attended training for the CEH course at any of the accredited training centers. Should you choose to defer taking the examination after your training, and would like to opt for another location; you can apply for the same at a later date at any ATC of your choice by submitting your certificate of attendance to EC-Council.
  2. If you have opted for self-study and not attended training, you must have at least two years of information security related experience.

Please download and complete the CEH Exam (EC0-350) Application Form and fax it to EC-Council at +1-505-212-0667 for verification. Upon approval, EC-Council will send you an eligibility voucher number which you can use to register and schedule the test at any Authorized Prometric Testing Center globally. Please note that Prometric Registration will not entertain any requests without this voucher number.

The exam is multiple choice, computer based available at Prometric and VUE test centers.

You can be any age to attempt the exam (at least I don't know of any age limitations)

Costs can vary, attending a full time course will be expensive if you have to fund it yourself. Try searching in Google for CEH full time study located near you. Can you get your work to send you on the CEH course? Maybe you can convince work that the CEH certification is a vital part of your job role which will help you to understand hacking and countermeasures and secure the network and webservers sufficiently.
All men by nature desire knowledge.

Aristotle
<<

BWS

Post Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:12 am

Thanks all for reply , how much the exam costs exactly ? i want pay from my self

It's ok if i have studied by my self in home ?

I have more than 2 years experience with this but how they will believe that ?
<<

UNIX

Post Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:18 am

Exam costs about 250 USD. Self-study is possible, though you have to prove, that you fulfill the two years of experience requirement.
<<

bill_clancy

Post Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:39 am

I just got the go ahead from ECCouncil o test without taking the class based upon professional experience. I listed my CISSP, and several jobs as a DOD ISO, and they gave me the go ahead to test. To prep, I bought several books, and set up a virtual lab for some hands on time...wish me luck!
<<

venom77

Post Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:21 am

Good luck, let us know how it goes :)

Return to General Certification