Thanks Don and EH-Net family for all the support and guidance.
It’s been one month since we launched Matriux. (Matriux was launched on 06 Dec 09 – first public beta – project code named Lithium). The response is really amazing. More than 95% of the response we got was positive and supportive. I think this is the right time and place to update more about Project Matriux.
Matriux Project is not just limited to the security distro. It is more than a Live DVD. Matriux consists of the following:
- Matriux Security Distribution – Live DVD Project
- Matriux Security Testing Framework (MSTF) – Workflow based security testing framework - Status: Under development
- The k0d3 (pronounced “The Code”) – Its all about Security Coding, Secure Coding Practices and Hacking the Code (the “optimized” way of coding).
I am extremely glad to share some good news related to Matriux with the EH-Net community:
- Matriux is listed in the best security tools list for 2009 released by Security Database. www.security-database.com
- The SimWitty community, an open source group building security information management tools, has announced a partnership with Matriux for vulnerability assessment and penetration testing. Matriux will be the central platform for SimWitty’s InfoSec internship program beginning in January 2010. More information - http://www.pressreleasepoint.com/simwit ... validation and http://www.simwitty.org/
- Collaboration with project DVWA – Next release of Matriux will include DVWA.
- Matriux have been invited for participating in the InfoSec Daily Podcast which is recorded nightly at 7 PM EDT. The date is yet to be finalized – will keep you all updated.
- Matriux appeared in Hacker Public Radio Podcast,
- Currently used by various educational institutes, investigation agencies and other organizations for training on Ethical Hacking, Penetration Testing and Forensics courses.
- And finally, a large number of requests received from across the globe to contribute and represent Matriux Tiger Team in their respective Countries / States.
I would like to thank Don and the EH-Net Family once again for all the support and guidance provided.
We are sure that we can take Matriux to the next level. Any comments or suggestion, feel free to message me or our community (we have a forum
And finally, some Matriux wallpapers for all.
Happy Learning and Happy Hacking
MVP (Enterprise Security), ISLA-2010 (ISC)², C|EH, C|HFI, CCNA, MCP,
Certified ISO 27001:2005 Lead Auditor
[b]There are 3 roads to spoil; women, gambling & hacking. The most pleasant with women, the quickest with gambling, but the surest is hacking - c0c0n