can't connect to wireless network

<<

iamnoob

Post Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:05 pm

can't connect to wireless network

I've been using my neighbor wifi on my desktop for a few weeks and now when I tried to connect it wouldn't work. The thing i noticed is that when I was able to connect it say manual in the wireless connection, and now when I can't it say automatic. The wifi is unsecured and I'am able to get 5 bars, yet I'm unable to connect.

My friend said there might be a problem with the main router. I'm currently using dial up on my computer. I don't understand why I can not connect.

Any help would be appreciated
Thanks
<<

Data_Raid

Post Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:49 am

Re: can't connect to wireless network

Why don't you ask your neighbor why you can no longer connect to his/her network? I'm sure your neighbor would be more than happy to provide the instructions on how to connect to THEIR network
All men by nature desire knowledge.

Aristotle
<<

iamnoob

Post Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:56 am

I'm not sure which neighbor the wifi belongs to. I just wanted to know if it is a router problem(needs a reset) or a security enable problem or maybe both.. I would be more then glad to ask my neighbor, but knowing that there's an conservative asian family living next door, I doubt that the head of the house would be willing to share wifi.
<<

Ketchup

Post Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:26 am

Considering that your neighbor probably still uses this router to connect to the Internet, it's probably not a problem that can be corrected by a reset.  He probably discovered that others were using his bandwidth and implemented some sort of security.  Since your goals are not ethical, I don't think anyone here will tell you much more than that.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ketchup
<<

iamnoob

Post Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:29 pm

I just wanted to know what was wrong.

Return to Wireless