· This is a hands-on technical job that requires strong written and verbal communication, problem solving and customer-handling skills
· Working in ambiguous and/or undefined situations
· Opportunities for independent research, tool development, and improving our testing methodology
· Comfortable with compiling and running tools in a Unix environment
· Clients include financial services firms - a background security check is required
· Office Location: Carpinteria, CA
· Up to 20% travel
· Relaxed, start-up-like environment
· 2-5 years of industry experience in least one of the following areas: security research, network engineering or system administration.
· Must have hands-on knowledge of information technology infrastructure, operating systems (Unix and Windows) and networking (TCP/IP, Ethernet).
· Completion of a 4-year degree. Technical focus preferred.
· Commitment to continuous improvement of audit processes and practices.
Relevant Security Experience:
Penetration testing, vulnerability scanning, OS hardening, firewall (Cisco, Checkpoint) configuration, IDSs and VPN deployment, network architecture design, wireless security, encryption and authentication methods. This position requires the ability to think holistically and apply information security principles to a variety of IT environments.
· 20 Days Paid Time Off – Annually
· 401K / Profit Sharing / Stock Options
· Medical / Dental / Fitness Program
· Flexible working schedule
· Relaxed dress code
· Smoothie/Oatmeal bar
· Competitive Salary commensurate with experience
Send resumes and letters of interest to Marina Martinez firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: A Pre-Employment Background Security Check Will Be Conducted.
Redspin, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.