CEH V6 Guide?

<<

karthikeyanck

Post Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:54 am

CEH V6 Guide?

Hi All

This is my first post in the forum  :) ,

Apologies if am repeating the same old question, but I thought I might start a new thread  ::)

I'm after pursuing the CEH V6 certification, would somebody please show me the right path to move forward with the preparation? I currently have the slides which I borrowed from one of my friend, but it actually covers only Version 5 of the cert. Would it be of any help preparing for Version 6?

Can you please list down the materials that I should go through to get myself prepared of the exam? I currently have a book that I borrowed from my friend and going through the 2nd chapter - ceh-official-certified-ethical-hacker-review-guide-exam-312-50. Am I going in the right path?

I addition to that I have working experience in the IT field and have some fair knowledge about the subject itself (Ethical Hacking).

Thanks so much in advance!
<<

UNIX

Post Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:47 am

Re: CEH V6 Guide?

<<

RoleReversal

Post Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:19 am

awesec wrote:V6 covers the same as V5.

Are we sure? I know this topic has been the focus of a lot of debate, did we manage to get a definitive response?
<<

karthikeyanck

Post Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:21 am

hmmm, I just read the interview that the somebody posted on the site and it said that they have included new modules (I believe even tools) in the new V6 cert. Please can you confirm?
<<

UNIX

Post Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:06 am

Definitive response not, but still it can be said, that V6 covers the same as V5. As a few people reported that they got topics on their exams which were optional/ self-study from V6 and not V5, EC-Council rechecked their exam questions and removed the ones which accidentally made it into it from V6 - maybe Bill can confirm this?
It was also shown that EC-Council is cooperative when such a thing happened to someone as they would probably let you retake the exam if I remember correctly.
<<

karthikeyanck

Post Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:21 am

Alright guys, I take your words and start going through CEH V5 Slides :)
<<

venom77

Post Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:14 am

That's correct, the v6 objectives are the same as v5.

The response from EC-Council support was that they were aware of multiple cases where people had called in saying they had questions that they believed were outside the scope of the objectives (or material included from the self-study modules of v6).

In response, and higher up the EC-Council chain, I was notified that they would be having their review team re-review the questions and possibly opening them up to either the Scheme Committee for review, or creating another group responsible for reviewing test questions.

Return to CEH - Certified Ethical Hacker