How you got into Hacking?

<<

morpheus063

Post Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:08 am

How you got into Hacking?

Hi All,

Thought its a good idea to find out and share, how we all got into this wonderful domain of Ethical hacking.

Well, my story - nothing complicated - computers always fascinated - so was curious to find out "How stuffs work" and thats how I think i explored this domain and still exploring :)

Now its your turn - let us hear 
Manu Zacharia
MVP (Enterprise Security), ISLA-2010 (ISC)², C|EH, C|HFI, CCNA, MCP,
Certified ISO 27001:2005 Lead Auditor

[b]There are 3 roads to spoil; women, gambling & hacking. The most pleasant with women, the quickest with gambling, but the surest is hacking - c0c0n
<<

Ketchup

Post Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:51 am

Re: How you got into Hacking?

I have always been fascinated with the security side of computers.  I got started coding fairly young for my generation and I think that helped me understand what was going on behind the scenes.  The first experience I remember is editing a saved game in a hex editor to change the number of lives my character had.  I was hooked and still am.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ketchup
<<

RoleReversal

Post Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:49 am

Always liked security and the thought of 'hacking for a living'. Assumed that everyone else would see it the same way and only the very best of the very best would get the chance to work in security field.

Once I started working within IT was shocked to find that most IT people didn't find security as fascinating as me, ended up being the 'security guy' simply because I was interesting in doing the 'chores', since then saw an opportunity to get paid for doing what I love so I'm giving it my best shot.
<<

rattis

Post Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:56 pm

My family always pushed me towards computers my whole life. Had one in 84 at the age of 7. When I was 19, I was lucky enough to be working for one of the "Original Six Backbone Providers". The part of securing the network interested me, especially after the network got hacked. Several years later, I was lucky enough to get a job where my duties involved using Network General's Sniffers and Infinistream, as well as doing wireless audits for rouge equipment on site.
OSWP, Sec+

Return to Other