Pass the Hash

<<

nookie211

Post Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:47 pm

Pass the Hash

I recently viewed the video on pass the hash password cracking software. I downloaded the windows binaries. I also downloaded the C++ compiler stated on the video. My problem is that I dont know how to make it an .exe file for windows. It may be a stupid question but I dont know how to do this. Please advise on how to make this a .exe file for windows.
Thanks
<<

Ketchup

Post Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:00 pm

Re: Pass the Hash

Which compiler did you download?  Do  a Google search for "compile c++" and you will find tons of links on how to compile c++ source code.  The exact steps depend on the compiler you chose.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ketchup
<<

UNIX

Post Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:03 am

You may also take a look at some IDEs which should ease the work for you.
<<

apollo

Post Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:26 am

Could you clarify which software you downloaded and what are you are hoping to do with the hash.  With that information I can hopefully get you a little bit closer. 
CISSP, CSSLP, MCSE+Security, MCTS, CCSP, GPEN, GWAPT, GCWN, NOP, OSCP, Security+
<<

CadillacGolfer

Post Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:56 pm

Nookie, one thing to remember is that pass the hash does not crack the password...you are passing the hash to avoid needing to crack the password
<<

nookie211

Post Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:30 am

Thanks for all the replies guys. I downloaded Microsoft Visual C++ Express. I downloaded the Win32 binaries. I just dont know enough about the program to compile the binaries. I have done google searches and nothing really helps. I am about to get a book at barnes and noble and read it. I know pass the hash is not a password cracking utility. Thanks for the help
<<

Ketchup

Post Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:46 am

Once you have your source code imported into a project, just go to the Build menu and hit Build Solution (or F5).  I would read the help file on Visual Studio.  Here is a great resource for you to get started:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms235630%28VS.80%29.aspx
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ketchup

Return to Network Pen Testing