0Day PoC for SMB v2 bug in Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 2008 relaeased

<<

RoleReversal

Post Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:03 am

Re: 0Day PoC for SMB v2 bug in Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 2008 relaeased

Hi Termight,

humbled by the request, but I'm still just learning this stuff myself. But keep asking intelligent questions around here and I'll likely be around to help when and where I can.

I wouldn't give up on the Cisco certs completely, partly because it is easier to secure/compromise a network if you have an indepth understanding of a network, and partly because there is some really good money available if you can get your CCIE.

But at the same time I would also suggest the OSCP, is a brilliant course and will/would-have answered the queries you've had today, plus a whole lot more.

Andrew
<<

Kev

Post Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:46 pm

Sorry Termight but he promised to be my mentor first!  I like that name termight or termite.  A termite has an amazing way to tunnel in and own a house or wood.  Wood being a vulnerable place, block being a little more secure.  Very good.
<<

termight

Post Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:12 pm

Hi Kev,
 thanks for the compliment on my name. actually i choose the name termight cos of the insect termite but wanted a different way to spell it.
Termites are the best networks and tunnel drillers in this world. also it's hard to get them during the day only at night or till the day they'll break down your house. lol  ;D.
and about the mentoring we can both share one master and be the best team mates. think abt it. i can also help you in Cisco and Microsoft stuff.
Last edited by termight on Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
>>There Is Always A Blind Spot In
>>Every Software, It's Up To Us To Find It
<<

termight

Post Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:57 pm

Hi Andrew,
  Does it means CCIE pays more than security? if yes then after my CCIE R&S i'll pursue the CCIE security track. Also thank you very much for the advise. Merry Christmas.

to all who read this Merry Christmas.
Last edited by termight on Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
>>There Is Always A Blind Spot In
>>Every Software, It's Up To Us To Find It
<<

hayabusa

Post Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:56 pm

I'd say the pay comes with the experience and the specific position, but in general, CCIE's make excellent money, from employers looking for the cert.  That said, Security knowledge can be equally valuable, in the right markets.  It's all about choice, where you want your career to go, and who you want to work with / for.

Regards.
~ hayabusa ~ 

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved." - Sun Tzu, 'The Art of War'

OSCE, OSCP , GPEN, C|EH
<<

RoleReversal

Post Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:23 am

Hi Termight,

I didn't say that CCIE pays more than security, don't have the knowledge or stats to back that up. But from anecdotal evidence you'll likely find it easier to convince non-technical HR/Management/organisations to pay big bucks for a 'network guy' than a 'security guy'. Just business mentality. But as Hayabusa states, where/what do you want to work can be more important in the long run than who will pay the most money. Plenty of factors to consider.
Previous

Return to News from the Outside World