Taking the CPTE course .......

<<

charlottebandit

Post Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:54 am

Taking the CPTE course .......

Thinking of attending Mile2's CPTE class on 7/31 in Dallas, TX.  Has anyone taken the CPTE yet?

I'm sure this is going to be challenging.  Looks like Wayne Burke (Technical Director) will be teaching the course.

If all else fails, I'll probably be taking the 8/06 session.
MS, CCSP, CCNP, CCDP, CEH, CHFI, CPTS
<<

luckydevil

Post Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:58 am

Re: Taking the CPTE course .......

Not sure about the CPTE course..looking at doing it myself once it get the CPTS exam out the way...and get the money together. But i did my CPTS course with Wayne and it was great, best course i have ever done. He is a very good techer and does get animated and techie about the whole topic. If it is anything like the course i did with him last year you will definately enjoy it and have a good laugh as well as learn loads.

Find out if he is getting rid of his Alienware laptop for me...i want first shout on that beast......... :->
Nothing is impossible just improbable!!!
<<

LSOChris

Post Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:22 pm

looking forward to a review of the course, please let us know how it goes.
<<

charlottebandit

Post Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:55 pm

ChrisG wrote:looking forward to a review of the course, please let us know how it goes.

Very disappointed with the CPTE class.

Modules covered:  50%
Depth of Modules that WERE covered:  30-40%
Books:  (2) full length books, Binder to go along with the slides (about 10% covered, seriously), Lab Manual (never used or referred to during class)
Hours:  everyone's up & gone by 6pm. 
Equipment:  very, very slow through VMware
Preparation for Test:  Take a look at the first (3) percentages covered.

I'm not sure if I should write an exhaustive review about the class.  If the modules were covered ALONG with the binder & lab manual together, it wouldn't really matter if I wasn't prepared to take the test because I would have been more than overjoyed. 
<<

LSOChris

Post Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:38 pm

so the materials were good, but the instructor just didnt get to cover the stuff?

was the exam on the last day or do you have to do that on your own sometime?
<<

don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:48 pm

Was there too much info to cover and thus unrealistic for the instructor to cover it all? Did the instructor waste time? Should this be a 2 week program instead of 1? Did the other students hold the class back from progressing on schedule? Did the instructor seem to know their stuff and just ran out of time or was he incompetent?

Maybe you should do that exhaustive review. I'm sure a lot of us have questions. Unless you just want to answer them as they come up and not waste your time of a full article.

What are your thoughts?

Don
CISSP, MCSE, CSTA, Security+ SME
<<

charlottebandit

Post Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:40 am

don wrote:Was there too much info to cover and thus unrealistic for the instructor to cover it all? Did the instructor waste time? Should this be a 2 week program instead of 1? Did the other students hold the class back from progressing on schedule? Did the instructor seem to know their stuff and just ran out of time or was he incompetent?

Maybe you should do that exhaustive review. I'm sure a lot of us have questions. Unless you just want to answer them as they come up and not waste your time of a full article.

What are your thoughts?

Don

A lot of time was wasted needlessly.  Must say that it was very unorganized and could have been much more interactive.  We didn't even do or see a complete pen-test done from start to finish.  Time fillers were even put in by watching video clips from techies doing stuff for kicks or other junk. 

If you guys read my previous reviews (CEH, CHFI), this one would be very disappointing. 
<<

LSOChris

Post Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:45 pm

did you take the test?

Return to CPTC - Certified Penetration Testing Consultant