CCNA Security

<<

T_Bone

Post Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:43 am

CCNA Security

Hi

I was also looking at the CCNA security certification which looks good. Could i have your thoughts on this?

Cheers
<<

Ketchup

Post Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:54 am

Re: CCNA Security

Cisco certs are great if that's what you want to do.  The CCNA is focused on routers and switches.  There is a bit of a security element in the CCNA itself, but I believe that CCNA Security has more emphasis, and it covers the ASA/PIX appliance.  I can't tell you the benefit of either without more details of your goals. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ketchup
<<

UNIX

Post Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:49 am

I haven't done CCNA Security yet, but will probably next year. However, I did CCNA and liked it, though not much security stuff was involved. If you would like to get know more about CISCO specific stuff, it should certainly help you. Also many companies are looking for people with CISCO certs so if you are interested in it anyway I would just do it.
<<

partek

Post Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:51 pm

You need to have the CCNA before you can take the CCNA Security. I'm studying for it right now and find that there is a fair amount of basic security knowledge associated with it. It's mostly covering security architecture and the basics like CIA and risk assessment as well as configuring IOS firewall and using the SDM.
CISSP, CISM, CISA, CCNA Security, OSCP, CEH
<<

jason

Post Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:42 pm

I'm starting down the Cisco security track as well. I'll take it as far along as work will finance it :)

Return to General Certification