I'm Baaaaccck!

<<

oyle

Post Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:40 pm

I'm Baaaaccck!

I'm Back!

I've been knocked offline by my ISP. Their name is similar to Ea***li*k, for some strange reason, they disconnected my DSL. They didn't process my payments on time, don't know why. Talked to the guy from India last night. he told me they de-provisioned my SDSL line, it will take them until Monday Jul 3 to get it back on.  >:(  >:( So I have to struggle along on my dial-up modem until then. I had forgotten how modems work, it's been so long since I had to use one.

Updates to CEH forum, which I had planned to do some more of over the holiday, will probably be delayed until after I get my DSL back on Monday.

Sure lets you know how much you miss something when it's gone.....

:(
Last edited by oyle on Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MCP, MCP+I, MCSA, MCSE(NT4/W2K), CCNA, CCA, NWCCC, VH-PIRTS, CEH
--------------------
"hackers are like jedi, crackers are like the sith: do not fall prey to the dark side".

From 1337 h4x0r h4ndb00k: "the ten laws of geek", law x
                  -Tapeworm
<<

don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:17 pm

Re: I'm Baaaaccck!

Messages come in strange ways my friend! Nature (God) is funny that way.  8)

I could use one. I'm starting to not feel well at boot camp. Oh, well. Suck it up. Exam is tomorrow!

WAIT A MINUTE!  :o

Could that be a message?

Don

PS - Ehhhhh... I'll get enough sleep when I die.
CISSP, MCSE, CSTA, Security+ SME
<<

Negrita

Post Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:00 am

Welcome back oyle! I don't know why it takes so long to reconnect you. I myself work for an ISP and the same thing happened to me too. All I did was to go over to some woman working on the same floor as me just accross the cafeteria. I showed her the receipt of payment and with the click of a button or two I was re-connected.  :D

don wrote:
Exam is tomorrow!

Best of luck Don, I'm holding fingers for you. I hope you feel well during the exam. I'm looking forward to reading about your exam experience.
CEH, CCSA NG/AI, NNCSS, MCP, MCSA 2003

There are 10 kinds of people, those that understand binary, and those that don't.
<<

oyle

Post Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:55 pm

Yeah, that's what I said to them. I said, "Hey, how long will it take to re-connect me? 10 minutes?" Answer I got was along the lines of "duh......That's when I've been scheduled for. Duuuhhh". If I didn't have to get re-routed to them "techies" (I use the term loosely) in India, I probably would have it back by now. They told me it was with my phone provider now. I don't even know who my phone provider is: SBC? ATT? Who knows?

Thanks for the best wishes, Negrita. Say, do you have an abbreviation for your screen name? Neg? Something like that?  ??? ???(that doesn't sound comfortable, either) Seems like typing the whole thing is too long. You know, we people on the Net are just plain lazy. Fortunately, "Oyle" is short and sweet. To The point. from the old child star character "Earl J Waggedorn" on the old 1960's Dihann Carroll TV show, "Julia". ;D ;D

Good luck on CEH exam, Don. Break a leg! Hmmm, kinda hard to do that sitting in that comfy chair in the testing center. Hmmm, "break a brain cell?" Nahh, that doesn't do it either.
Heck, Don, You know what I mean. Good Luck!  8) 8)
Last edited by oyle on Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MCP, MCP+I, MCSA, MCSE(NT4/W2K), CCNA, CCA, NWCCC, VH-PIRTS, CEH
--------------------
"hackers are like jedi, crackers are like the sith: do not fall prey to the dark side".

From 1337 h4x0r h4ndb00k: "the ten laws of geek", law x
                  -Tapeworm
<<

Negrita

Post Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:33 am

My screen name and avatar both come from a certain beverage which I rather like, but unfortunately only drink quite rarely; Negrita Rum
CEH, CCSA NG/AI, NNCSS, MCP, MCSA 2003

There are 10 kinds of people, those that understand binary, and those that don't.

Return to News Items and General Discussion About EH-Net