EC-Council Scholarships

<<

venom77

Post Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:19 pm

EC-Council Scholarships

For those who applied for an EC-Council Secure Aid Scholarship, or anyone that may know someone that did, I just wanted to provide a quick update.

The applications have been received and EC-Council is in the process of reviewing them. There is a meeting setup for next week to select winners and they will hopefully be notified shortly after.

Good luck to those who applied! :)

BillV
<<

UNIX

Post Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:12 am

Re: EC-Council Scholarships

I have missed this one but it sounds like a great opportunity. Thanks for the info, Bill. :)

It seems that it is still possible to apply for it. Do you know how strict one must fit into the rules? E.g. in terms of working experience and certifications one should have.

The whitepaper wouldn't be a problem for me I guess.

edit: Oh, just saw at the bottom the end date - too bad.

Due to applicants’ request to have more time to research on white paper and case study for submission, the selection committee has decided to extend the closing date of Secure Aid to –July 31st, 2009.
Last edited by UNIX on Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

venom77

Post Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:15 am

Yeah, you just missed it. Maybe they'll do another one or have funds leftover from this if there aren't enough good candidates.
<<

UNIX

Post Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:41 am

I hope so though I don't think so. :)
<<

Cowboytaz2k4

Post Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:21 pm

BillV - Keep checking the site. A year ago, I received a scholarship to ECU.  I have like 5 more classes to complete.  Should be done early 2010.  The program has gotten better since I first started with it.
<<

venom77

Post Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:20 am

These are a little different then the EC-Council University scholarships, this for the certification courses not the univ. program classes.

Good to hear that it has improved while you've been in it. It should continue to get better too as EC-Council begins releasing all of the CNSS approved courseware. I think the first set should be hitting college campuses this month.

BillV

Return to General Certification