[Article]-Webcast: Modern Social Engineering Part II - Top 5 Ways to Manipulate Humans Over the Wire

<<

don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:40 pm

[Article]-Webcast: Modern Social Engineering Part II - Top 5 Ways to Manipulate Humans Over the Wire

Here we go with the second of many planned webcasts for the rest of 2009! Sign up, attend the live event, spread the word to the masses... and in the immortal words of The Godfather Part II, "Ask around the neighborhood. I know how to return a favor." Who knows, he who helps promote the most may get one of the prizes this month. Hmmmm... 8)

Permanent link: [Article]-Webcast: Modern Social Engineering Part II - Top 5 Ways to Manipulate Humans Over the Wire

In Part I, Modern Social Engineering - A Vital Component of Pen TestingChris Nickerson & Mike Murray adeptly covered the generalities of Social Engineering, and how it is a repeatable process perfect for inclusion in penetration testing. So let’s go a little deeper into crafting these attacks. What are some of the tricks of the verbal trade that make people far more likely to fall prey to those phishing attacks or that fraudulent web site? What tools can I use to test and eventually utilize to attack… er… audit my target organization? This 1-hour webcast dives deeper into the process of Electronic SE (eSE) and offers real-world examples of combining the skills of the social engineer with the toolkit of the ethical hacker.

So, please mark your calendars and join us for this continuing series on Social Engineering. You can also meet all of us and many more industry experts at ChicagoCon, the World's Only Ethical Hacking Conference. And at only $100 for 2 days on May 8 - 9 with talks, CtF, breakout sessions, food, swag and more, it's a steal!

Join world-renowned social engineers, Chris Nickerson of TruTV's Tiger Team and noted expert and international speaker, Mike Murray, as they prepare you for the future of pen testing. This webcast on Thursday April 30, 2009 at 12:00 Noon CDT continues your education in the world of "Modern Social Engineering."

Be sure to PM me with thoughts and ideas of topics for future webcasts as well as people you'd like to see.

Thanks and hope you enjoy,
Don
CISSP, MCSE, CSTA, Security+ SME
<<

don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:13 pm

Re: [Article]-Webcast: Modern Social Engineering Part II - Top 5 Ways to Manipulate Humans Over the

Submitted to digg. Help get the word out and vote:

http://digg.com/security/Free_Webcast_T ... r_the_Wire

Blogging, tweeting, screaming from the mountain tops... that all works, too.  ;)

Thanks,
Don
<<

don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:46 pm

Re: [Article]-Webcast: Modern Social Engineering Part II - Top 5 Ways to Manipulate Humans Over the

Gentle reminder... this is tomorrow at Noon followed by an extended Q&A right here in this thread with both Chris Nickerson & Mike Murray.

Hope to see you all there,
Don
<<

ssour

Post Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:20 pm

Re: [Article]-Webcast: Modern Social Engineering Part II - Top 5 Ways to Manipul

My Question is:

is there any industry accepted methodology to audit an organization (specially peoples of an org) against social engineering attack?

Regards

Suman
<<

DrWireMORE

Post Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:43 pm

Standing by for extended Q/A.  Don't see any additional questions posted.  There was great poiinter during the event to say where the follow-up would be; but once the web even closed, the pointer was gone.  Apologies if something is going on and I cannot connect to it.  dr
<<

jerél

Post Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:57 pm

Thanks Guys ! ;)
<<

mmurray

Post Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:02 pm

Re: [Article]-Webcast: Modern Social Engineering Part II - Top 5 Ways to Manipul

Thanks to all of you who came on today!  We had a blast and we hope that you guys got a lot out of it.

If you're at ChicagoCon, come introduce yourself and let's chat. 
--
Mike Murray
MAD Security / The Hacker Academy

Email - mmurray@thehackeracademy.com
Phone - 773-360-0658
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/mmurray

Return to Special Events