CISSP Test

<<

dark_north

Post Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:01 pm

Re: CISSP Test

the boot camp i went through was Intense school which closed its does end of December, they did have a gurantee.  i am retaking the exam 1/30 and I do have the shon harris book.  i am reviewing everything i have and trying to take more practice tests.  any other helpful hints??
A computer once beat me in a game of chess but was no match for my drinking skills
<<

oneeyedcarmen

Post Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:00 pm

I didn't know that Intense School shut down. I went to them, too, but only after studying for about 4 months. I was pretty confident from my own reading and use of cccure, but then the in-laws decided to surprise me and buy the boot camp for me (a little insurance).
Larry Greenblatt was my instructor, and I thought he was one of the best I've had. Could I have passed without the camp? Probably. Was it worth it for the added confidence? Absolutely. I kept in touch with about 20 of the 30 folks from my class, and all but one passed on the first try. The ones who claimed to have had the hardest time were the ones who'd been in the business the longest. That whole real world vs. ideal world conflict in the brain.

Good luck on the retest. I'm not a huge fan of certs in general...at least as a way of flaunting what you (claim to) know, but having it has certainly opened doors for me. Living in the Baltimore/DC area, all the gov't contractors want folks with letters after their names.
Reluctant CISSP, Certified ASS
<<

wubitizer

Post Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:03 pm

I work with Larry Greenblatt and came across this posting. 

I know that Larry was affected financially also when Vigilar shut Intense suddenly over the holidays.  Instead of getting all pissed off about Intense, he was more concerned about the January CISSP students that were supposed to his CISSP class through Intense.  He actually donated his time and delivered both Jan 4 and Jan 18 CISSP classes out of his own pocket for over 20 plus students that would have no place to go after paying for the class.

He is now running his own bootcamp directly through his own company, InterNetwork Defense.  He is honoring all ex-Intense students who are stuck (re-sits or otherwise). Just check his website for more details.
<<

don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:59 pm

Well that kind of generosity deserves at least a link:

http://www.internetworkdefense.com/

Thanks for letting us know.

Don
CISSP, MCSE, CSTA, Security+ SME
<<

dark_north

Post Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:26 am

wish i had seen his site earlier.  i travelled to Colorado to take the CISSP, there were 3 others taking it.  I felt pretty good this time around.  Will wait for the results....
A computer once beat me in a game of chess but was no match for my drinking skills
<<

dark_north

Post Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:28 am

I know that guy!  he was helping a few students out in the hotel lobby (that were not his students)  That guy is very passionate about this stuff.  I would go to him in a heart beat!
<<

dark_north

Post Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:23 pm

I got my results from the CISSP exam.  I PASSED!!!! :)
<<

UNIX

Post Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:25 pm

Congratulations! What next? ;)
<<

dark_north

Post Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:13 pm

going after C|EH
<<

alucian

Post Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:11 am

Congratulations!!!!

Good luck with CEH! (I am thinking about it too)
CISSP ISSAP, CISM/A, GWAPT, GCIH, GREM, GMOB, OSWP
<<

unsupported

Post Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:26 am

Congrats on the pass.  Now onto the endorsement.

I did the CEH right after my CISSP and it was easy breezy compared
-Un
CISSP, GCIH, GCIA, C|EH, Sec+, Net+, MCP
<<

Shamrock

Post Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:04 pm

dark_north wrote:got my results 682  >:(  I know that I changed some answers and I have asked them to manually score my exam.  They will do that (7 day turnaround).  I am not sure that will make a difference but, I calculate that is about 3 questions I missed

Dark

Did you hear back? I just requested a manual score on my exam today. I got a 691.
<<

Shamrock

Post Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:00 am

BUMP

Anyone else been through this process?
<<

dark_north

Post Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:01 am

the manual scoring will not yield better results.  they told me they have a 100% scoring method and is enforceable in court.  I wish you the best but I'd start cramming and scheduling another exam.

Shamrock wrote:
dark_north wrote:got my results 682  >:(  I know that I changed some answers and I have asked them to manually score my exam.  They will do that (7 day turnaround).  I am not sure that will make a difference but, I calculate that is about 3 questions I missed

Dark

Did you hear back? I just requested a manual score on my exam today. I got a 691.
<<

rodmacpherson

Post Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:36 pm

I studied for 3 months.
I read the Shon Harris book cover to cover.
I read many of the documents referenced in the Shon Harris book, especially in areas where I was not already quite familiar with the material.
I read/watched whatever I could find for free online
I read most of the Official Guide To The CISSP CBK (first edition)
I took a 1 week review seminar at deloitte, taught by John Birdie, one of the authors on the Official Guide To The CISSP Exam (out of print)

Going in I was fairly confident that I knew enough to pass, but still quite nervous.
Previous

Return to General Certification