although I am already working on some smaller projects and help out at others, I would like to start and work regulary on one big project.
Currently I have no specific project in mind, only some basic conditions I would like to follow:
- It should be related with penetration testing (on the offensive site) or reverse code engineering, as those are the topics I have most knowledge of and personal interest in
- Free, nothing to pay for others
- Although not necessary, it may be good if such a project is not available yet or at least not "good", e.g. i see no particular reason for me to write another metasploit
- It doesn't matter for me if it is something to program, automate, write, teach etc.
Some random thoughts and keywords I have in mind:
- framework for pentesting report
- setting up a lab environment
- vulnerable operating system, application, etc.
- Some kind of CTF
- some kind of training
Any suggestions or thoughts on this? Any help is much appreciated.
It is no problem if it is a bigger project.. i see this not only as a chance to help others in one way or another, but also to learn more myself, get "known", etc..so it doesn't matter for me if it takes a lot of time until it is finished.
Looking forward to comments on this.