Anyone want to proofread?

<<

UNIX

Post Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:23 am

Anyone want to proofread?

Hi,
I am currently working on my first article which will be printed in English language and wanted to ask if someone would like to proofread it, mainly to check for grammar and spelling errors, as English is not my native language. So far I have only written articles in my native language which is no problem at all, and now I would like to have a good and errorfree article in English too (more to come :)).
The article is not finished yet but should be by next week, however, already wanted to ask, if someone would be interested.
The magazine I am writing for has of course a section for such things but from my experience I know that they oversee from time to time some errors and I want to get sure. I don't like to read articles from others with many errors etc. too.

If someone is interested please drop me a pm. Dissemination is of course prohibited.
<<

UNIX

Post Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:50 am

Re: Anyone want to proofread?

Heh, this was fast. A nice person already pm'ed me, so no need for other proofreaders at the moment, thanks. :)
<<

venom77

Post Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:57 am

What is your native language? Out of curiosity...
<<

UNIX

Post Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:03 am

German (no, I am not from Germany, but from Austria). ;)
<<

unsupported

Post Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:52 am

Sorry I did not reply sooner.  I would have loved to review your article.

Funny, I've never noticed that English was not your second language, but then again I'm sure my mental picture of you is way different from real life.

Good luck on the article.  If you can post it when it is published, I'd still like to read it!
-Un
CISSP, GCIH, GCIA, C|EH, Sec+, Net+, MCP
<<

UNIX

Post Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:07 am

Guess it won't hurt when i let another person proofread it too. Thanks for your offer. ;)

Please no more offers, at least on this article. I have already planned  some other articles where I could need again someone to proofread it. I will start another thread as soon as time comes. :)

I will publish all my articles for free as soon as possible. This will be mostly when the next issue of a magazine is available and when I got the permission by the magazine itself.

Return to Other